• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Triumph semi Broken...No replacements in stock

I'm no longer a triumph user, but I got my replacement the next day and then it was new. They are screwing with some of you

I'm no longer a triumph user, but I got my replacement the next day and then it was new. They are screwing with some of you
VM needs a big Class Action Lawsuit to shake things up.

They flood the market with ticking time bombs (cyber monday / MT) slowing the network to a crawl. Thanks VM!

They flood the market with ticking time bombs (cyber monday / MT) slowing the network to a crawl. Thanks VM!

And they were the only carrier to do that. No, plenty of others did as well. The 3g speeds were slow in comparison before any of that.
VM is a prepaid bargain carrier, I don't get the complaints. I knew full well what I was purchasing when I switched. You are not going to pay this little and get the speeds/coverage/updates that someone like Verizon/Sprint/etc. gives at less than half the price.
Hardware/software issues should have been better tested, but the network is the same as it has been for quite some time.

And they were the only carrier to do that. No, plenty of others did as well. The 3g speeds were slow in comparison before any of that.
VM is a prepaid bargain carrier, I don't get the complaints. I knew full well what I was purchasing when I switched. You are not going to pay this little and get the speeds/coverage/updates that someone like Verizon/Sprint/etc. gives at less than half the price.
Hardware/software issues should have been better tested, but the network is the same as it has been for quite some time.
:)

There's only so much I can take as far as bad CS and QC at any price point. Being a budget carrier is no excuse to treat customers poorly I've been with VM since 2002, ever since I got into a MT, it's been one hugely bad experience. Maybe when I was on a dumb phone I had no reason to deal with CS but the MT really put the spotlight on the joke of an operation. My $35 plan equals to $420 ;) annual + the price of phone pending on how your amortize. To me it's a lot of money.

Again I pride myself as a fair consumer, everyone deserves a second chance. VM / MT has been an overall bad expericence, hardware + CS + coverage. Everytime I call CS I get a different answer and every problem requires MULTIPLE call backs to resolve :mad:, the more I use my stock MT the slower and buggier it gets, and the coverage is just slow (150 kps down avg) I'm in the greater LA area, 8th largest economy in the world. Sorry, budget carrier or not, there is no excuse for this.

Anyone considering a VM Android, prepare for a stress filled experience, sleepless nights and please have extremely LOW expectations :(, and lots of patience, you'll need it.

There's only so much I can take as far as bad CS and QC at any price point. Being a budget carrier is no excuse to treat customers poorly I've been with VM since 2002, ever since I got into a MT, it's been one hugely bad experience. Maybe when I was on a dumb phone I had no reason to deal with CS but the MT really put the spotlight on the joke of an operation. My $35 plan equals to $420 ;) annual + the price of phone pending on how your amortize. To me it's a lot of money.

Again I pride myself as a fair consumer, everyone deserves a second chance. VM / MT has been an overall bad expericence, hardware + CS + coverage. Everytime I call CS I get a different answer and every problem requires MULTIPLE call backs to resolve :mad:, the more I use my stock MT the slower and buggier it gets, and the coverage is just slow (150 kps down avg) I'm in the greater LA area, 8th largest economy in the world. Sorry, budget carrier or not, there is no excuse for this.

Anyone considering a VM Android, prepare for a stress filled experience, sleepless nights and please have extremely LOW expectations :(, and lots of patience, you'll need it.

QC on the Triumph was horrible, I will agree with that statement. Some of the phones sold shouldn't have been. There is no way for us to gauge accurately how many had issues in comparison to the number sold, as we don't have those details. The most vocal people are usually people complaining, and the ones that are happy don't even look for a place like this as they are already happy with it.

$420 annual (plus the initial phone price) is not much in comparison to the fact that I was paying $1200/year (without the price of a phone) on Verizon without a smartphone/data plan (I had both previously and it was even more expensive). There is something you have to give up for those prices though, and that would be where the network issues stem from. I don't understand the complaints in that department.

I have also heard many reports of fine customer service shipping a replacement (even after being told the phone was modified by the user in a way that could void the warranty) the next day.

I'm not saying that you are wrong or that your points are invalid, but there are different perspectives on it as well. You have had a bad experience. People on any carrier can have those issues (I hated Verizon's CS, horrible), that is just the way things are. I am sorry that you had to be the one to deal with it, but the times I have dealt with VM, they have been excellent.

I would like to say that the last sentence you described is nothing like what I have experienced. I am not a VM fanboy, they have their issues, but I knew that going in. I have been quite happy with my phone purchase and the service has met my expectations.

I want to thank you for discussing the points here (and not attacking me) when I know you are obviously upset over this. That is a stand up thing, and I am glad that is what is happening. :)

That being said, I just wanted to show another side of things and I don't think I need to comment on this anymore. Feel free to keep discussing it if you want though.

Funny. the VMUSA web-site doesn't indicate out of stock.
the vmobile website sells new retail box triumphs, while when you return one for replacement you get a refurbished phone, aka, a returned phone with the problem fixed and a new chassis so it looks nice again. which i dont think there is anything wrong with btw, except when they make you wait for new refurbs -_-.

I do agree with the data speeds they are terrible,but like i have said if i wanted a flip phone VM would be a great choice,but i wanted a smartphone tried the triumph but just could not be happy with an outdated 300 dollar phone you basically have to root and install a new Rom on,i went back to the V but the freezing and low storage space got annoying,even with a great custom ROM,i still come back to offer my insight,and to laugh at those who say it is better then any high end android phone or iphone.maybe in 23 months when my Verizon contract is up i will return to VM,but not if by then they have something more modern or better tested.just my opinion,do not let anyone try and downgrade you dis pleasure with VM and the truimph.a lot of people have went elsewhere if ever there was an example of you get what you pay for the truimph and VM's data is it.

it really depends on where you live and and towers you are connected to, im in the outer suburbs of cleveland ohio, i get constant 3-4 bars and 1 and 2 megs download on my CM7 triumph, i go to SETTINGS> WIRELESS>MOBILE NETWORKS>SYSTEM SELECT and change the default from "HOME" to Automatic or Affiliated Networks and i notice a boost in data speeds. i was never expecting Verizon Speeds on myt 3g but it lets me do what "I need" it for [email, light surfing, youtube] NOTE: when you reboot the phone it returns to the HOME setting. In a year or 2 when my job situation is more stable i will get a contract phone, but til then i will just have to suffer with my bargain basement smartphone.

I do agree with the data speeds they are terrible,but like i have said if i wanted a flip phone VM would be a great choice,but i wanted a smartphone tried the triumph but just could not be happy with an outdated 300 dollar phone you basically have to root and install a new Rom on,i went back to the V but the freezing and low storage space got annoying,even with a great custom ROM,i still come back to offer my insight,and to laugh at those who say it is better then any high end android phone or iphone.maybe in 23 months when my Verizon contract is up i will return to VM,but not if by then they have something more modern or better tested.just my opinion,do not let anyone try and downgrade you dis pleasure with VM and the truimph.a lot of people have went elsewhere if ever there was an example of you get what you pay for the truimph and VM's data is it.

Well said. And that's why I switched to T-Mo and got the MT4GS. I want a phone that runs the way its supposed to. I haven't even rooted (and can't even since the bootloader is newest one and they don't have a hack for it yet.), and it runs nice. There is no lag, or bugs that I have come accross, unlike the MT. I mean the MT is a nice phone, once you install a custom rom on it, but the bugs it has paired with VMs slow 3g don't make a good combo.

IMO VM's 3G and MT satisifaction are closely related. A good MT is awesome... until it's connects to the $35 network :(. VM maybe learned it's lesson, $300 phone + slow network = UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS :D

Their Android price ceiling should be $200, that's all there network can support :cool:

IMO VM's 3G and MT satisifaction are closely related. A good MT is awesome... until it's connects to the $35 network :(. VM maybe learned it's lesson, $300 phone + slow network = UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS :D

Their Android price ceiling should be $200, that's all there network can support :cool:

If they had that price ceiling the best phone you would ever see on there is some phone with a 800 mhz processor max. Well at least until dual-core phone become more of the norm.

Just received email that I should receive a replacement in 2 business days.
Me too, however this happened (and it may be unrelated) AFTER I sent an email asking about the status of my replacement (exactly 5 business days after my request, Jan 31)... so for those keeping score:

Jan 31 - call VM for replacemnt, "out of stock, 5 business days"
Feb 7 - without any update, I email VM asking my status
Feb 8 - VM email - "sales order confirmed"
Feb 8 - second email - "order shipped" FedEx Standard Overnight

... to be continued :cool:

edit: package weights 1 lb, so this will NOT be a new phone LOL

Since mine is coming today...I have CM7 on it....is there a quick way of removing my info on the phone without removing CM7? Not sure where I put the original recovery (Duh).

Since mine is coming today...I have CM7 on it....is there a quick way of removing my info on the phone without removing CM7? Not sure where I put the original recovery (Duh).

I don't get what you mean... You want to keep cm7 on the one your sending in? And you can always pull the original recovery from your replacement and put it on the one your sending in.

I received my refurb replacement, physically it's clean and works like my old one. The VOT date (whatever that is) is 1/5/2011. I activated thru the phone and data did not work for 2 hours, CS told me wait 2-4 hrs for data to kick in, but i was able to make calls. At the 2 hr mark i accidentally hit activate (again) and data finally worked, not sure if thats related.

Back
Top Bottom