Hi all,
I'm trying to de-brand a Desire from the UK Orange network. This is my first root. I've read lots of guides, googled the hell out of my problems and I still can't work out where I'm going wrong.
- I've made a goldcard.
- I've rooted the desire.
- It's running 2.17.61.3.
I've followed this guide to try and replace the ROM using RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_signed.exe. However, the RUU will not go past trying to load bootloader, and eventually gives up, and I have to take the battery out to reset. I've tried 2.29.405.2 but that has the same problem. I tried 1.15.405.3 which managed to get into bootloader, but then it shut down because it was an older version (error 140). I've tried several solutions from the forum for getting past the waiting for bootloader problem, but none of them worked.
I eventually gave up and decided to s-off the phone so I could use a .zip instead. I followed this guide but although AlphaRev detects the phone it won't recognise it and refuses to continue (same error message as this poster).
I'm about ready to bash my head against the wall... please help!
I'm trying to de-brand a Desire from the UK Orange network. This is my first root. I've read lots of guides, googled the hell out of my problems and I still can't work out where I'm going wrong.
- I've made a goldcard.
- I've rooted the desire.
- It's running 2.17.61.3.
I've followed this guide to try and replace the ROM using RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_signed.exe. However, the RUU will not go past trying to load bootloader, and eventually gives up, and I have to take the battery out to reset. I've tried 2.29.405.2 but that has the same problem. I tried 1.15.405.3 which managed to get into bootloader, but then it shut down because it was an older version (error 140). I've tried several solutions from the forum for getting past the waiting for bootloader problem, but none of them worked.
I eventually gave up and decided to s-off the phone so I could use a .zip instead. I followed this guide but although AlphaRev detects the phone it won't recognise it and refuses to continue (same error message as this poster).
I'm about ready to bash my head against the wall... please help!