• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble streaming media message in notification bar !?!?!?

814 htc evo

Android Enthusiast
AS of yesterday I had this message with a little a in my notification bar at the top of my home screen on my HTC evo 4g and it says if you are having trouble streaming media on your HTC evo 4g please call Sprint and tell them about this issue it is a known issue do too an issue with the Sprint carrier network? So I called sprint the technician sent a refresh too my phone and she said it went through but shortly after the message re appeared in my notification bar!?!? I have never had any problems with my evo and too be honest I have no clue what this message is about!? Does anyone else please help!? Thanks!!!

Did you two download the new Amazon "Amazon MP3" application ? This is the APP I believe is creating this message. I was reading the update notes and this was the only application that specifically noted this issue.

So.. My question, Will this tatic become a new norm? Developers who have a issue in some way informing users to contact their carriers as a whole to fix issues ?

I don't have a problem with it.. Just wondering..

Well the amazon app actually came installed on my evo when I bought it and I never really used it but as of yesterday morning that showed up out of knowhere?! And I called Sprint and they are aware of the issue the tech sent an update too my evo and other evos and it seemed too have fixed the issue but yeah it was weird cause I never used that app before?!

Ps thanks for responding cause I was lost like I said I never really used that app so when I saw that I was like what the Hell?! Lol

It's a bit silly what amazon has done but I can see how they might be getting frustrated. The proxy issue has been there since September I believe and Sprint hasn't rolled out anything to correct it ....they just push the fix to those that call

Hey guys, It is a problem with Amazon mp3 app. when the message came up for me I held down the home button while on the dashboard and it shows your recent apps. Now, I never ever ever use Amazon mp3 so when I saw it I put two and two together. First off if you use Amazon mp3 then don't do this. Go to manage apps., find Amazon mp3, delete cache, delete data, force stop and uninstall updates. I've done this about a week ago and no more notifications. Before I did this I had contacted Sprint 4 times and all they did was reset my prl. The only annoying thing after this is when you update apps., Amazon mp3 will be at the top because, well it want an update. Don't update it.

Back
Top Bottom