• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trouble with Rom Toolbox

Curster

I cant get the sysctl conf to stick. I was running the Revision #4 Rom but it's based off the Number 2 Rom and I read that rom doesn't support those tweaks so I added the Blitzkrieg kernel and then the Plauged kernel, neither helped.

I've tried different tweaks to make sure I wasn't jamming up the system but I'm still getting lags, fc's and reboots

Do I need to flash the gov fix zip?

I would just flash the number 2 ROM and leave it alone. speed kernel is the most stable kernel with the best battery/performance results. Then flash whatever theme, if any, you want to use. Ldrifta has already tried what works and what doesn't with the tweaks so i trust his judgment. The more tweaks is usually not a good thing. The fewer tweaks that actually work is better and that's already been done for us ;)

Well i have a good question to ask and it goes like which rom tool box are you using cause the rom tool box pro i have and i have had no problems changing and for them to stick . I think the light version is the only one you can't change , but if it is still not sticking you can take the orders from dr. Fuzzy , or if you know how to edit your build dot prop you can write a prop for it . Or get the set cpu paid app ...be careful with changing them syst numbers it can have your phone boot looping like a baby with bad gas .:D:banghead::what::mad::eek:

Well i have a good question to ask and it goes like which rom tool box are you using cause the rom tool box pro i have and i have had no problems changing and for them to stick . I think the light version is the only one you can't change , but if it is still not sticking you can take the orders from dr. Fuzzy , or if you know how to edit your build dot prop you can write a prop for it . Or get the set cpu paid app ...be careful with changing them syst numbers it can have your phone boot looping like a baby with bad gas .:D:banghead::what::mad::eek:

Yeah it's pro the funny thing is my friend has the Esteem too and is running Broken Out without this issue. I have SetCpu as well but didn't know it had the sysctl settings.

Nah not in set cpu but u can change the settings from your system folder but be careful u can screw up things if u don't know what to do

Nah not in set cpu but u can change the settings from your system folder but be careful u can screw up things if u don't know what to do

Thanks I've also read a little about that. Something /p when the phone boots up will change those settings. Can you give me an idea of how to do that or a link? I haven't found exact info on how to accomplish that.

You need file explorer go to the ETC. folder scroll down to the systlc folder open up in text editor. Look for your systlc numbers set .hit your back arror soft keys it will if you want to save hit yes and now you are new and improve systlc. :D:eek::beer::what:

You need file explorer go to the ETC. folder scroll down to the systlc folder open up in text editor. Look for your systlc numbers set .hit your back arror soft keys it will if you want to save hit yes and now you are new and improve systlc. :D:eek::beer::what:

Awesome sounds simple enough I'll give it a try as soon as I get my phone turned back on thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom