• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

True or False

True, Eratothsenes did.

Btw, both equations I gave were true, sqrt(A) = A^(1/2) and ^b^c = ^bc.

0.2^-1 = 1/0.2^1 = 1/0.2 = 5

T/F

You can easily calculate the prime numbers up to 100 with a numbered grid of 100 squares and a pile of stones.

I'm going to guess false, that the top was half that.

Eratothsenes also did the prime numbers trick.

Start at 2 and leave it open, now put a stone on each second square. Go to the next open one, 3, and put a stone at each third one, next open is 5... When you're done, the open squares are the primes.

T/F

You can trash a dishwasher by not using it.

I'd reckon you'd get like some er stuff buildi- yeah I dunno.

True?

The 250 year old man is believed to be just people thinking that one guy was actually 3 people who looked the same/had the same name.

T/F

Bulletproof glass is bulletproof

Depends on the glass thickness and age as well as the bullet caliber and velocity, so either answer is true.

Left unattended, seals and sensors in an older dishwasher can dry out and crack if not used regularly.

T/F
There is no gravity on the moon.

I'm pretty sure I've heard somewhere that bulletproof glass is just bullet resistant, although that might be wrong.

False - there must be gravity on the moon.

T/F

Glass is a fluid

Oddly enough, true, glass is a liquid of such low viscosity and high surface tension that it appears to be solid.

Without constraints, either answer is correct on bulletproof glass. Six inch thick glass does exist and a .22 LR varmint round will do no more than splatter on the surface. Then there's the .905, and a few inches of glass might as well be wax paper for all the good it would do.

1++bigbullets-1.jpg

T/F

It's easier to peel a hard boiled egg with a spoon than your fingers.

True?

I don't even like eggs, but I've a very vague recollection of my grandmother peeling eggs like that.

T/F

I totally messed up my first response to this thread because tapatalk didn't show me all the posts.

I'll go for true seeing as Tapatalk often *****es out for me as well :P

T/F

I should probably get off here and do some work

Les Nessman, haven't seen you in a dog's year.

True or false, The Big Red Machine will conquer all this year.

Back
Top Bottom