• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Truly bizarre problem with ext. sd card

So out of nowhere my media scanner won't scan my external sd card. The only way to get it to scan is to unmount it then remount it. At this point the scanner will make 2 failed attempts at scanning, each one lasting about 1/2 of a second. Then about 30 seconds later it will make a third attempt and scan just fine. I've done this over and over.
And what's more, I've used Odin to flash back to stock and it has the exact same problem. I go back to several versions of Axura, same problem. I've reformatted the external card (and the internal for good measure) but no change.

The only thing I can think of is that there is something physically wrong with the card. But why the clockwork one, two, third time's a charm routine??

It's so strange. Any ideas?

So out of nowhere my media scanner won't scan my external sd card. The only way to get it to scan is to unmount it then remount it. At this point the scanner will make 2 failed attempts at scanning, each one lasting about 1/2 of a second. Then about 30 seconds later it will make a third attempt and scan just fine. I've done this over and over.
And what's more, I've used Odin to flash back to stock and it has the exact same problem. I go back to several versions of Axura, same problem. I've reformatted the external card (and the internal for good measure) but no change.

The only thing I can think of is that there is something physically wrong with the card. But why the clockwork one, two, third time's a charm routine??

It's so strange. Any ideas?

try unplugging and replugging it in back and forth...

then boot it... if your lucky its just a bad connection....

report back!

good luck

:)

Upvote 0
Also consider that if it is an older SD card it may just be at the end of it's life. If it is a class 2, I suggest getting rid of it anyway. I have found that the Vibrant doesn't like class 2 cards and will eventually not recognize them. I upgraded to a class 4 and haven't had a problem since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones