• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to build Custom Recovery 2.2.1

joneidy

Android Enthusiast
Well Hello everyone :)

Last night I was messing with the custom recovery of the Optimus M 2.2
I unpacked the custom recovery from getitnowmarketing here and also unpacked the stock one from 2.2.1

I took the kernel folder from the 2.2.1 and placed in the extracted folder of the Custom 2.2. Then I rebuild the image and flashed to my phone (2.2.1 stock).
But when I tried to boot to recovery the phone booted into fastboot mode.

My question is does anyone know why this happened?
Because I thought that the problem was the kernel from 2.2.1 that did not allow the custom recovery. But I`m not sure if what I did was correct.

Any help from you guys will be appreciated, and maybe we could build a custom recovery for 2.2.1

No it's not as simple as just mixing some files from 2.2 and 2.2.1 together and recompressing it, which correct me if I'm mistaken, but this sounds like what you did. Everything needs to be built from the ground up using the Android SDK and the source code for the Optimus M.

No it's not as simple as just mixing some files from 2.2 and 2.2.1 together and recompressing it, which correct me if I'm mistaken, but this sounds like what you did. Everything needs to be built from the ground up using the Android SDK and the source code for the Optimus M.

That`s right you are not wrong that was what I did. So how can I achieve that goal of making the custom recovery??

Any help will be appreciated

I don't mean to sound a like dick, but if you have to ask that question, its probably way to complicated for you.

I don't mean to sound a like dick, but if you have to ask that question, its probably way to complicated for you.

Well I personally don`t think so. I know I can do it, if someone gives me like tips or something like that I can build a custom recovery.

Back
Top Bottom