• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help trying to load google maps at startup

mrkbtelr

Lurker
I have two brand new smart phones. Droid X and HTC Incredible. My phone is the X and my daughters is the HTC. I am trying to set up GPS tracking with Latitude. If google maps is not running on the HTC I can only get tracking information to the nearest cell tower while tracking the HTC with my X. If I load google maps on the HTC it will locate my daughter within six meters and then and only then can I get accurate coordinates instead of simply getting a vauge position that shows her (the htc) at the nearest cell tower. Is there any way I can have the incredible autolaunch google maps? I have talked to support at Verizon and they helped all they could by trying to find an app and also go through some settings but to no avail. Please if anyone can help me figure out how to auto launch google maps on the HTC Incredible that would be incredibly (no pun intended) helpful.
 
an app like "tasker" might be able to help...but if latitude is constantly running it is going to be using GPS which will suck the battery dry. In my experience latitude only updates when the person is actively using it. and make sure the option for "share best available location" is selected and not "share only city level location"
 
you could also try lookout mobile security's phone finder feature. you can login and find her phone when you need to track her down.
 
Back
Top Bottom