• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trying to understand storage

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
I thought I had my head around the rather strange naming conventions of the Android phones with system, internal and external storage but now I'm confused again. I currently have my Note plugged in to my Laptop and that shows my SD card as having 20.1Gb free out of 29.2 Gb. But Kies is telling me that I have 10.36Gb free out of 29.22Gb. The internal storage is showing as similar on each. So I checked on App Chooser which gives a clear listing and that shows as 20.1Gb free of 29.2Gb too.
Is there a reasonable explanation for this?

I thought I had my head around the rather strange naming conventions of the Android phones with system, internal and external storage but now I'm confused again. I currently have my Note plugged in to my Laptop and that shows my SD card as having 20.1Gb free out of 29.2 Gb. But Kies is telling me that I have 10.36Gb free out of 29.22Gb. The internal storage is showing as similar on each. So I checked on App Chooser which gives a clear listing and that shows as 20.1Gb free of 29.2Gb too.
Is there a reasonable explanation for this?

Storage hog Kies. ;)

Undo Kies and watch your storage return.. well, you already did with App Chooser. :)

Doesn't occur on all Samsung devices.

Reactions: Pinmac1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones