• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tutorials, Roms, Team MarvelUSc -- EVERYTHING YOU NEED

Did a sanity check that I *CAN* actually flash a ROM. I found insink71_marvelc_signed_120411_130517.zip and flashed it - no problem. Of course I'll restore my backup, but feel a little better that it's not me... only what on earth is the problem?

Not sure this is relevant, but here's what I see in HBOOT
MARVELC PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.06.0000
MICROP-0354
RADIO-0.94.00.0824
Aug 15 2011,22:34:38

can you post the link to the insink71_marvelc_signed_120411_130517.zip

i am having the same problem as you with the custom rom and need to go back to something that works

can you post the link to the insink71_marvelc_signed_120411_130517.zip

i am having the same problem as you with the custom rom and need to go back to something that works
Sure. This is the thread. Rob has 2 versions, both flashed and started OK. But with his 1.1 ROM I had operational problems. Rob is looking into it now. Whenever I loaded something from the store or restored via titanium backup the phone would reboot... not very nice! I ended up going back to the stock ROM (nandroids from the first post in this here thread). S-OFF stayed. The rooting procedure simonsimons34 lists did not work, a newer version of the SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse did neither. But I was able to flash root.zip and started from there. I really wanted to get darktremor's a2sd but that does not work on stock ROMs, you need to cook your own (and I am not there yet) so I used link2sd.

Glad to know I am not alone!

Regards,
Rich

Im very interested in doing this to my phone, but i'm a complete n00b at all this stuff.

Is this a true step-by-step and absolutely no other 'assumed' steps are needed as outlined in the first post?

Im very interested in doing this to my phone, but i'm a complete n00b at all this stuff.

Is this a true step-by-step and absolutely no other 'assumed' steps are needed as outlined in the first post?

i am a noob as well but this is a true step by step process got it on my first try

=/ I really wish i knew what you were talking about? Sounds like it'd work great but I have no idea how to even go about doing all of that? I need it explained to me in a "for dummies" way. What am i downloading? and doing with it? am i downloading it on the computer, because my phone won't let me download anything, open my gallery (like 30 pics), can't open texts half the time......

Am I misunderstanding this or does this tutorial mean I can achieve s-off even though I have s-on without using the xtc clip?? If so, would this work for non Virigin mobile phones?

I'm currently running simonstock, the 12.4 one. WiFi not working. I tried simons oc kernel and now WiFi won't even scan. Just says error. Is there another Rom or kernel I can use? I need WiFi and camera to work and also would like to have an oc kernel

i have a wildfire s from VM.i tried using superoneclick to root it and when i did i came across a point where it said"busybox not found, would you like me to install it?" i hit yes, yet my phone is still not rooted.any sugguestions?

In the "change PRL" tutorial, it says "Download and unzip the attached 60681.zip", Where do I find this file? sorry for the newbie question

In the "change PRL" tutorial, it says "Download and unzip the attached 60681.zip", Where do I find this file? sorry for the newbie question
I pointed this out a while ago... do a search on the xda forum, I found it there

Before you go crazy though, check what level you are currently at. Go to settings - about phone - software information. I found mine already was PRL Version=60681.

I pointed this out a while ago... do a search on the xda forum, I found it there

Before you go crazy though, check what level you are currently at. Go to settings - about phone - software information. I found mine already was PRL Version=60681.

Thanks for getting me to check. My PRL is 61007

has anyone heard anything more about cm7 on VM phones? Also, was checking into the PRL codes for Sprint and saw that the 60681 was updated July 13, 2011 and there is another prl code 60683 for EVDO updated November 16, 2011. Any ideas?

Hey Simon or anyone else, in step one of the s-off tutorial it says
"1) Download the files attached below" Ive scanned every instruction from 1 through 20 and cannot find a link for files pertaining to the s-off instructions? please let me know where im missing them, thanks in advance!

Hey Simon or anyone else, in step one of the s-off tutorial it says
"1) Download the files attached below" Ive scanned every instruction from 1 through 20 and cannot find a link for files pertaining to the s-off instructions? please let me know where im missing them, thanks in advance!
Please read through the posts in the thread - I've pointed this out before, and gave a link where I found files, I think. (Seems to me like simon abandoned this thread)

Alright two questions, If I unlock bootloader will it turn S-ON to S-Off

And in the directions, step one and two, which files do I download? The stock Nandroid Files? Or do I just google SimpleGoldCard.exe and just download it there?

If Simon has abandoned this thread, I kept copies of those files. I can throw them up on my mediafire page, and post links. It will have to be later tonight though.

Back
Top Bottom