• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TV-Out on the Droid

Ok, so the Incredible sense rom is out for Droid, but still in alpha But Bootsdcoob was kind enough to set out a file full of apks in case the rom had any missing programs. Well apparently in that file their is a tv out apk so I don't know if its much help, but I suggest you can check it out. Maybe the guys working on the rom unlocked that feauture with the incredible sense rom for droid. Here is the link missing htc apps. Download his file and you will see their is a tvout.apk. If Im wrong, im sorry, im excited to see if the droid could display tv out, I have a couple ideas for it, if it indeed does work.

This kid Apeman is so smart, I bricked my Droid the other day and he just stared at it and suddenly it rebooted and now it works.

Haha, What are you doing bricking your phone? Its like a stoning a person, but the droid has more feelings though so its worse doing it to your droid. lol hahaha. I bet Apeman will find the fix.

This was a Triumph.... I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.... It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.
I would like to report that I have found a way to wirelessly output video from the Droid.... and possibly any other Android phone.

I would to thank everyone here for all of your support, and as I stated before, there is going to be some really great stuff popping up in the next couple of months :)

It is a bit buggy at the moment, and you will need a second device (laptop, embedded computer, other cellphone/device with video output) to do it, but I should have a better way to do it pretty soon.

It would require root, and possibly some hardware. How much would you guys be willing to pay if this would work on any rooted Android device, and any Jailbroken iPod/iPhone?

So... my Droid would have to send the video data through my laptop which is hooked up to my television?
In the interest of making a buck, you are not releasing any details. I understand that, and can appreciate that for all your efforts. However, I can't answer your question without more to go on.

Well, if I were to sell these I would have an embedded device connected to the tv/projector/display device which would be wirelessly connected to the client device (Currently any rooted Android phone or Jailbroken iDevice).
A great feature is that it would display anything on the device's screen, meaning that there is no DRM blocking.

Will this work similar to Windows Media Center enabled PC and how it wirelessly connects to a tv via Xbox 360?

Like the Android device would function like the WMC PC and your product function like a 360?

OK, I'll be honest... not a whole lot.

My reasons are:

1. More and more phones are coming out with miniHDMI out, so a device like that will be obsolete soon.
2. I have this (admittedly irrational) seething hatred for bluetooth. I have several bluetooth headsets that work pretty well and are vert convenient. It is just that <5% of the time they don't work correctly just pisses me off to no end. It doesn't matter that if I just reconnect the device, it will work just fine. It didn't that time and the reason I have hands free devices is so that I don't have to pick the stupid things up. *rantrantrantgrowlroarrantrantrantrant*

I know it isn't rational, but there you have it. The most I would pay for something like that for a device I probably won't own 18 months from now is $20. The sad thing is that I would be more likely to pay $30 for a cable of some sort because bluetooth angers me so.

I could be wrong but I think the Droid X has a mini HDMI port on it which makes sense since you can shoot 720p HD video with the phone's video camera...The only other phone that I know of that has a mini HDMI port is the EVO.

yeah i know its been 7 months (technically 1) since any activity here but i'd like to see video out via mini-usb for my trusty Droid. A few years ago i lightly dabbled in hacking the Sony PSP. there was/is a neat program called RemoteJoy. it enabled the hacked psp to output all on-screen video, via mini-usb, to ones computer (Mac and PC). yeah it was a little laggy but, if the ancient psp (running at 333 mhz, tops, if memory serves) can handle it, i'm sure an OC'd Droid would shine. plus, it was just a software hack, no soldering or rending of guts. if i had the time and intelligence to put into this i would. thankfully theres bright young men, like apeman, out there that do have what it takes. sorry for the ramble, i really shouldn't post this late. at any rate heres a link: RemoteJoy Installation and User Guide

I am hearing a rumor that the iPhone 5 will have over the air TV built in or an app that will allow you to watch it...whichever.

X-bounds already created tv out on all android devices. And yes its out now.I'm glad I signed up.i able to play my ps3 on my android.how does this answer your question? What happens when emulation gets combined with placeshifting technology.a new you tube video is what .now I'm well aware that theres no android device that can emulate a p.s3 on its own.however with slingbox all I did was emulate a controller and with slight delay I controlled gta4 .in the you tube I'll explain how. on the deadly technologies channel.and to get you really happy and do it on a pico pocket project pk301 and k11.I'll be back

Back
Top Bottom