• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tweaks help !

jimmyb5374

Jun 16, 2010
Hi all, new hp touchpad user in the uk , having a bit of trouble ...

I have installed preware , as instructed, not bricked the device, but upon trying to use the performance tweaks listed i can't find any of them in the repositories , except govnah , but i dont want to overclock, just utilise the other tweaks for killing logging, improving screen sensitivity and losing the ripple effect etc to generally speed the touchpad up a bit.

I appear to have all the listed links/repositories as per the thread , but i must be dumb, or just not reading into the categories enough to find the 6 or 8 listed tweaks here to do them

Increase Touchpad Volume (lite)
advanced reset options
faster card animations hyper version
increase touch sensitivity(THIS IS A MUST HAVE PATCH.)
muffle system logging
quiet powered messages
remove dropped packet logging
unset cfq io scheduler
unthrottle download manager (Speeds up downloads massively!)
private browsing

can someone just point me in the right direction in a simple way so i can optimise my touchpad, as it seems a little slow , hoping these will make it better ??

thanks in advance all

james

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones