• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tweaks Script for Stylo

The script runs good. I just renamed it without the .sh and ran it in init.d. It's great on battery life that's for sure.
The leon didnt support init.d so I was unsure of the kernel for this as they are identical in most ways.
I played music for 11 hours straight and had 68% battery today. I turned core 3-4 off with kernel adiutor or you can turn them off manually /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu#/online. I even included an option to change that value in this script for onboot 2cores and you can change to 4 by setting any frequency value in any kernel manager. (Since they don't apply anyway do to core_control)

The leon didnt support init.d so I was unsure of the kernel for this as they are identical in most ways.
I played music for 11 hours straight and had 68% battery today. I turned core 3-4 off with kernel adiutor or you can turn them off manually /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu#/online. I even included an option to change that value in this script for onboot 2cores and you can change to 4 by setting any frequency value in any kernel manager. (Since they don't apply anyway do to core_control)
Thanks for the extra info. I'll look into manually turning them off. I also turned off the core control in kernel adiutor. I don't remember what setting I had when I turned off cores 3 and 4. I don't think it stuck, but I'll get to them manually then. I used an apk to get init.d support on my phone that was created for the Note 4 originally. I would repost it for others, but I don't want to take credit from the dev. If I can find the link later I'll post it for others. (here is the link)http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/snapdragon-dev/init-d-enabler-busybox-installer-t3164401
I'll post this pic for proof that the script does indeed work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-11-18-40-41.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-11-18-40-41.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Thanks for the extra info. I'll look into manually turning them off. I also turned off the core control in kernel adiutor. I don't remember what setting I had when I turned off cores 3 and 4. I don't think it stuck, but I'll get to them manually then. I used an apk to get init.d support on my phone that was created for the Note 4 originally. I would repost it for others, but I don't want to take credit from the dev. If I can find the link later I'll post it for others. (here is the link)http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/snapdragon-dev/init-d-enabler-busybox-installer-t3164401
I'll post this pic for proof that the script does indeed work.
Thanks. Also apps can't seem to turn core_control off. You manually have to do it either with command line or file browser.

Thanks. Also apps can't seem to turn core_control off. You manually have to do it either with command line or file browser.
That apk I posted last should work for the Leon as well I'm guessing. Also, If you use Kernel Adiutor and turn off core control you can keep cores 3 and 4 off. It does stick I just tried it. For the Stylo anyways. Idk if it is the same with the Leon, but it should be.

That apk I posted last should work for the Leon as well I'm guessing. Also, If you use Kernel Adiutor and turn off core control you can keep cores 3 and 4 off. It does stick I just tried it. For the Stylo anyways. Idk if it is the same with the Leon, but it should be.
Turning them off always sticks for me until reboot.
Kernel adiutor doesn't actually turn it off though, you can see for yourself.

Is this working on the Metro Pcs version? (Sorry guys I'm new to this phone but I've already read most of these threads got my phone rooted with TWRP and make a backup before I install any tweaks.)

Is this working on the Metro Pcs version? (Sorry guys I'm new to this phone but I've already read most of these threads got my phone rooted with TWRP and make a backup before I install any tweaks.)
Yeah it works for all variants. It doesnt change much at all tbh. Initially i had a bad link and he bootlooped. Totally my fault.

Yeah it works for all variants. It doesnt change much at all tbh. Initially i had a bad link and he bootlooped. Totally my fault.
Well would you say it's worth doing? I don't want to mess much with this phone even though I have TWRP and regular back ups..

Well would you say it's worth doing? I don't want to mess much with this phone even though I have TWRP and regular back ups..
If you are worried about messing with scripts and don't feel like getting into it then you can just get a decent kernel editor such as Kernel Adiutor, Fauxclock, Trickster Mod, etc. Then just go to the cpu settings and change the cpu governor from interactive to ondemand. That will allow you to bypass the interactive governor 800ghz minimum to 200ghz. Granted it will be at higher ghz overall sometimes,I usually get great performance and battery from that. Then just change other settings as desired like read ahead speed gpu etc. OR just try the script if you want to. I've done both and both work great.

Last edited:
Yeah i would say its worth doing or i wouldnt have went through the trouble of making it. Having a minimum clock speed of 200mhz and high idle number, you enter lpm a lot faster.
I wouldnt have even had to put this together if kernel managers could change frequencies under normal mode.
You can turn core_control off and update min frequency.

Yeah i would say its worth doing or i wouldnt have went through the trouble of making it. Having a minimum clock speed of 200mhz and high idle number, you enter lpm a lot faster.
I wouldnt have even had to put this together if kernel managers could change frequencies under normal mode.
You can turn core_control off and update min frequency.

There are better ways to accomplish this with a custom kernel as unjustified dev has shown, its just all i could do from my phone.

Thanks guys I did this just right now. One more question is that it? No need for a kernel editor? Sorry I haven't had a phone with development much in a LONG time and I'm starting to feel like a noob again.

Can you tell me how you fixed your stylo? I tried this and bootlooped

sorry i don't exactly remember i was just searching the web on how to push system.img to device via download mode on linux...and it worked some how i forget what exactly i entered but i do have the complete stock system.img for boost if you want it (not KDZ)

sorry i don't exactly remember i was just searching the web on how to push system.img to device via download mode on linux...and it worked some how i forget what exactly i entered but i do have the complete stock system.img for boost if you want it (not KDZ)
Yeah sure I would like that. Is there a way I can push system.img on windows? Sorry I'm not used to this stuff

Yeah I got bootlooped. I'm pretty sure I followed every instruction right but I guess not.
I bootlooped with the init.d enabler but that was it. I'll add terminal instructions so people can just do it line for line. Hopefully get rid of usererror.

Make sure also that owner are both root and not system. Chown root.root /<file_path>/

Yeah I got bootlooped. I'm pretty sure I followed every instruction right but I guess not.
Ill tell you how to fix it.
Open file explorer.
Go to external_sd
Create a file named msm8916.sh
Make sure its blank.
Use the root exploit for 5.1.
Open lg_root.zip then extract it.
Connect your phone in download mode.
Run ports.bat and note the port that says lgvzndiagsomethingsomething.
Then open a terminal in the folder you extracted lg_root with shift+right click.
Now type Send_Command.exe \\.\COM#
Putting your port number in the place of "#" with no spaces.

Now type
Code:
dd if=/storage/external_SD/msm8916.sh of=/system/su.d/msm8916.sh
Alternatively you can try rm -f /system/su.d/msm8916.sh but I couldn't get that to work for me.

Sorry to bother you more but how do I go about doing this?
the update.zip you do by putting in the root of your external sd and just going into recovery and press the option to "apply update from sdcard" and you just choose the update.zip but with the system.img i can't really tell you since i forget what i did

Back
Top Bottom