• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Two problems I am having wth my Incredible....

najaboy & Excedio:

This is the third time I've posted my problem on this forum, once on another forum and yet again at htc tech support. You guys nailed it! I have two pc's in my office, a laptop and a server, and two usb cables. I have no idea where the cables came from but I guess they are "charge only" cables. I'm rollin now. Thanks.

Upvote 0
najaboy & Excedio:

This is the third time I've posted my problem on this forum, once on another forum and yet again at htc tech support. You guys nailed it! I have two pc's in my office, a laptop and a server, and two usb cables. I have no idea where the cables came from but I guess they are "charge only" cables. I'm rollin now. Thanks.

Glad to hear that the problem is solved. I bet you're glad you didn't format your phone. ;)

@najaboy...seems it was the cable. :D

Upvote 0
Sorry I took so long to get back, but once It was suggested that the PS3 headset cable was not capable of transferring data, I immediately knew that was the problem. I ran over to Best Buy, picked one up, and it worked. I have since found the original cable I was missing, so now the question is should I return the one I bought from Best Buy? For $15, it may be worth keeping as a spare. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I also can't get my landscape to work anymore. I went in and Orientation is checked. I unchecked it, backed out and checked it agian. Still won't work. I uninstalled an app I thought I may have installed around the same time and it still won't switch orientation. I noticed the problems started happening about the time I started trying to turn things off to get longer battery life. I wonder if I disabled something that I needed for the orientation.

Upvote 0
I'm talking just a shut down/power up (i.e. a full turn OFF not just shutting the screen off). Not a factory reset or anything. Should take less that a minute all in all.

I thought you meant a factory reset. I shut down/power up every night. This has been going on for three days. So, I did the reset. Not a big deal for me since I didn't have a lot of apps and widgets, but will have to find my wallpaper again and reset ringtones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones