• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ubuntu Edge superphone

Just upgraded, so I'd have to think of a very good cover story ;)

It does look interesting, but I suspect the Ubuntu aspect will be a bit niche. Interesting specs though :)

Yeah but the fact that it dual boots android means you could learn Ubuntu as it develops.
The specs do seem pretty awesome though. 4gb ram! :drool: :)

Oh, I know Ubuntu (at least on the desktop), though I'm not at all a fan of the unity interface. Something like that might make more sense to me on a phone though.

Ubuntu is something ive never experienced tbh. Im not a computer guy in any way lol. Is it open source?

Ubuntu is a linux distro from Canonical. Very popular, though their recent move to their own desktop interface (Unity) hasn't gone down well with everyone.

I took the risk for one. I use ubuntu around once a week so it would be nice to have that. Simplifying all my devices is always great. If ubuntu OS sucks on it; I can always go to android. And the design of the phone is sexy. Not really sure if I believe that they will get the 32mill needed anyways. Not really hearing of any new android phones coming out also. Google has their event Wed. Moto has their event the 1st and then apple will have one in sept. Ios7 to me looks boring, unless their is a huge hardware shift(which i doubt). Moto x leaks specs are boring and googles event should be 4.3 and something with chrome. Thats my 2 cents

Ubuntu is a linux distro from Canonical. Very popular, though their recent move to their own desktop interface (Unity) hasn't gone down well with everyone.

I do like Unity, haven't had any problems with it, but honestly, I like the Xfce interface a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom