• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to boot to A70

vijay4b7

Dec 24, 2011
Chennai
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I've installed Hybrid V3 ROM. Then by mistake went into ROM manager and did partition my sd card. From then on I am unable to boot the device.

Problem is only micromax logo is coming nothing else if use (Power + vol down button). Nothing else is coming.

Second if I normally switch on it is showing only the Andriod blue image. Not moving further.

Tried this..
Step 1:
- Switched off the mobile
- Press and hold the camera button
- Connected to PC
- In device manager I can see my "MICROMAX A70 ADB Interface" under "ADB Interface"
- No idea what to do next.

Step 2:
- Tried to recovery mode by pressing the vol down button and power button. But failed in this step, only the MMX logo is coming nothing else.
- Checked by pressing camera button. Nothing pops up.

Request you guys give me some procedures/steps, such that I will try once I am back from the office.

Use the tutorial in my signature to install CWM Recovery again :)
If you have backup, restore it else reflash the rom...

Thanks.

- I have uninstalled the Launcher which comes with Hybridv3 yesterday. This could be reason that I can only see the Blue screen with andriod symbol.
- Also, as I clicked partition my sdcard, I am unable to enter in to recovery I guess.
- But interesting fact is that some one has called me and suddenly the blue screen with andriod symbol disappeared and now I can able to see screen. But the problem is Menu got disappeared. Only I can call some one or receive the calls.

Will try the steps which you have posted and update you.

Upvote 0
if my understanding is right, i think u are stuck at the standby screen after bootup. If i am right then just press the options soft key and go the settings options and enable bluetooth. Now send any launcher (like go launcher, zeam launcher etc) other than the current launcher's apk thru bluetooth and just open the notification panel and click the received file. It will direct you to package installation to install it and then just clik the home button and select the new launcher as the default launcher. (this works only if your phone able to boot and just in standby screen and if there is no app drawer in your launcher)

Reactions: vijay4b7
Upvote 0
Thankyou very much.

CMW recovery method2 worked. The steps here I am pasting, such that it may be helpful to someone.

Steps Done:
1.) Extracted the CWM-A70.zip file to D: drive. and placed the recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.3-a70.img in the CWM-A70/ directory.
3.) Turned off the mobile.
4.) HOLD THE CAMERA BUTTON, Connected the usb cable to the phone and PC too.
5.) In the cmd prompt --> entered in to the D: drive where I've unzipped the CWM-A70.

* D:\CWM-A70
* Gave the command "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.3-a70.img"
* Then "fastboot-windows reboot"

6) Phone rebooted.
7) Again switched off the mobile and entered into recovery by pressing vol down and power off button.
8) Now got all the recovery options.
9) Installed the ROM again :p

cmw.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok,that solves ur recovery problem.
But I just want to tell u why u were seeing blue android,no menu n able to receive call.U said u uninstalled launcher.that was the issue.u didn't have any launcher app to show u the main screen n menu.if u had installed any launcher app then u dont have to restore whole backup or flash again.

Upvote 0
Ok,that solves ur recovery problem.
But I just want to tell u why u were seeing blue android,no menu n able to receive call.U said u uninstalled launcher.that was the issue.u didn't have any launcher app to show u the main screen n menu.if u had installed any launcher app then u dont have to restore whole backup or flash again.

--
The problem when I uninstalled the launcher, I got this blue screen this and all. I thought I can install some other launcher. But the problem the options button when pressed nothing comes up. So, no way that I can able to go and install some stuff. Only I can receive calls, view call history and messages.
So, I don't have an option to do the process from start.

Upvote 0
--
The problem when I uninstalled the launcher, I got this blue screen this and all. I thought I can install some other launcher. But the problem the options button when pressed nothing comes up. So, no way that I can able to go and install some stuff. Only I can receive calls, view call history and messages.
So, I don't have an option to do the process from start.
U can grab launcher apk from internet to ur pc n install it via ADB...installing via adb doesn't require anything to do on phone.After install finishes just tap on home button n u r good to go.

Reactions: vijay4b7
Upvote 0
U can grab launcher apk from internet to ur pc n install it via ADB...installing via adb doesn't require anything to do on phone.After install finishes just tap on home button n u r good to go.

Oh thanks for that.. But what are the commands .. I've to use.?? Do I need go through some tutorial to use ADB ;). Also, I have wierd problem. I uninstalled Titanium backup from Hybrid V3 and am trying to install it from Market. But I am always getting error. Suggest me where I can get a apk file for it. Tried in Getjar.com but not available. If some one has titanium apk file please mail me. Thanks a head. :eek:

Upvote 0
Oh thanks for that.. But what are the commands .. I've to use.?? Do I need go through some tutorial to use ADB ;). Also, I have wierd problem. I uninstalled Titanium backup from Hybrid V3 and am trying to install it from Market. But I am always getting error. Suggest me where I can get a apk file for it. Tried in Getjar.com but not available. If some one has titanium apk file please mail me. Thanks a head. :eek:
Go through this tutorial to setup ADB.
http://androidforums.com/a70-all-th...rkout-tutorial-linux-windows-100-working.html

Now to install apk,if u r in windows/linux, "cd" to the directory containing ur apk n apply following command.

adb install YourApp.apk

N we can't share premium apk here.try google search for titanium backup apk..u will find it urself,sorry can't help here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones