• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unable to load PH98DIA.ZIP

ntrnlerror9

Nov 20, 2011
wi
So Im not sure at all what Im doing wrong, but whenever im on my bootloader screen an error flashes acrost the screen, it goes so fast its hard to see, but ive watched it a couple of times and its something like this....

sd checking
loading.......[PH98DIA.ZIP]
no image!
loading [PH98DIA.NBH]

this is on my htc rezound, rooted but not unlocked, havent worked my courage up to try this "wire trick". Im trying to get the ICS leak to work but seem to be failing....

also whenever i run a rom, like now im using ineffabilis-v1.0-signed, my wifi wont let me enable it and i just get a little 'error' underneath the wifi option, also i have noticed issues with reception and data connections.

so i have done some researching on radios and what boot img i should have, i know i should have PH98IMG, ive got the file on my computer, and at one point i had it on my sd card, when ever i put it on my sd card and try to flash something like the ICS leak i get stuck on the HTC screen when booting for the first time. I saw somewhere that you need to flash the PH98IMG twice? Ill try that, but i am kind of confused as to how to flash PH98IMG, am I supposed to do it from the bootloader? if so how, and why do I keep getting that error?

thanks in advance for any help... im pretty confused

version 2.3.4
kernel 2.6.35.13-gf1931dc
baseband 0.95.00.1118r, 0.95.00.1223r

first,you do not want to falsh a PH98DIAG file. actually,you would not be able to,even if we did have access to one,as it needs a matching engineering sim to do any good.

i assume you are trying to flash a PH98IMG file. there are only 4 rules:
1)must be locked or relocked
2)sd card must be FAT32
3)file must be named correctly(phone needs to see PH98IMG.zip,so rename PH98IMG when using windows,wich automatically adds and hides the ext)
4)PH98IMG must not be in a folder-must be on root of sd card

your wifi error is prolly becasue your kernel is not flashing

i would very strongly advise you NOT to install any leak RUUs. you cannot go back unless you s-off and do the wire trick.

you can flash ICS custom romsas long as you flash the old firmware patch immediately after flashing the rom.

stick with roms,not leaked RUUs,its much safer. :)

also read thru the root sticky thread,and make sure you fastboot boot recovery as described in the OP when you want to use it. this will let recovery flash your kernels,and make your life a bunch easier. :)

Reactions: ntrnlerror9
Upvote 0
wow, that was a speedy reply, im going to try this now. still kind of confused about why when im in the bootloader i get that stuff that flashes in green about

sd checking
loading.......[PH98DIA.ZIP]
no image!
loading [PH98DIA.NBH]

thats exactly what it says and i have no idea if thats just what its supposed to say or if thats an error or what, lol.

...it seems i really dont know what im doing here... i "messed around" with things for like two hours and now im running Ineffabilis-Deus_v1.0.1-Odex, plucked right off of the rezound rom page, so far seems pretty awesome, of coarse now if im going to change anything im going to have to work on wrapping my head around this whole adding and removing the ph98img.zip

Upvote 0
the green writing flashes as it checks for several different types of files,inclusing PH98IMG and PH98DIAG. its perfectly normal and happens every time you boot to hboot. dont let it confuse you,its of no relevance,and your only concern with hboot is when you have a PH98IMG to flash.

generally speaking,if your sd format is wrong, or your PH98IMG is named incorrectly,the file will not even be found and checked. youll just see the green writing and then nothing. this will also happen when locked if you try and flash a file that is not signed by HTC.

if the file is found,and you get status bars as the file is unpaCKED AND checked,but then it just returns to the hboot screen without asking you to update,there are several reasons,that we can basically chalk up to not being a proper file.
these reasons can include:
1)the incorrect info on the android info document,if your unlocked
2)images that you dont have the ability to change with htcdev unlock when unlocked(like the radios,or hboot)
3)incorrect or incorrectly named images(the phone looks for images that are specifically named. example recovery,system,boot,splash1)

when locked,a full,proper,signed RUU can fail with a variety of errors,the most common being "main version older" wich basically means that you are not able to flash software/firmware than is older that what is on the phone. this is why you you should not mess with RUU leaks. if theyre bad,you cannot go backwards with an s-on phone,your stuck with them until something newer comes along.

you want to always remove PH98IMG after flashing it,as its presence on the sd card will keep you from getting to recovery in an emergency situation with an unbooting phone.

hope that helps.

Reactions: ntrnlerror9
Upvote 0
that so does help, my biggest issue... and dont laugh, was i wasnt quite sure wich phone storage was the sd card.... i guess i could have just taken it out of my phone and plugged it into my computer to begin with... but now im 100% sure and that helps alot. so originally i put my superuser stuff in the internal storage on my phone, do you think it would mess anything up if i moved it to the sd card? lol

Upvote 0
that so does help, my biggest issue... and dont laugh, was i wasnt quite sure wich phone storage was the sd card.... i guess i could have just taken it out of my phone and plugged it into my computer to begin with... but now im 100% sure and that helps alot. so originally i put my superuser stuff in the internal storage on my phone, do you think it would mess anything up if i moved it to the sd card? lol

that is a common error,and easily confused,dont be embarresd about that :)

as far as superuser,it wont hurt to move it. matter of fact,it wont hurt to delete it :eek: once youve flashed the file in recovery,the superuser app and files are installed in system/app and system/xbin permanently,so it doesnt matter if they are still on the sd or not

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones