• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Unbrick) Restore 5045N Back To Stock Rom

I ran the program downloaded from above, it completes but still bootloops. it shows the blue android assembling from blue cubes and exploding again then reboots.

I tried the program that jerry pierre tried, and when I ran it, it stopped on 5% reading phone several times, even left it all night one time. no errors, just stuck on 5% reading phone.

any thoughts? thanks

I ran the program downloaded from above, it completes but still bootloops. it shows the blue android assembling from blue cubes and exploding again then reboots.

I tried the program that jerry pierre tried, and when I ran it, it stopped on 5% reading phone several times, even left it all night one time. no errors, just stuck on 5% reading phone.

any thoughts? thanks
Did you ever factory reset your phone? If not, then youre good because it will be in a security status to prevent people from installing private firmware on the phone and will deny this program access to the device. If you did reset the phone and this result is occurring, then it is most likely that it is running a simulated process that hasnt even touched your phone, really. But please be more descriptive about this event. If you are totally screwed on this situation which in no offense, Im sure you are (dont worry, I am too) then I would suggest calling your carrier which Im assuming is MetroPCS and say that your phone was updating a while ago and that it is stuck in this bootloop, and that you tried recovery, reset, etc. They will be forced to cooperate due to a real life update that occurred recently that bricked many alcatel 5054N phones.

yes, apologies, i shouldve been more descriptive. i DID factory reset the phone before attempting both programs which was right after i rooted the phone and attempted an su update and the phone rebooted for the last time and never booted back on, only bootlooping. then i factory reset. so i guess that means i am screwed. unfortunately, i bought this phone off ebay from an individual. clean, clean esn, good running phone, til i rooted or attemped the such. i never even got to put my sim card in the phone. IDIOT.

So ive tried windows vista, 7, 8.1 and 10. nothing matters, both programs do the same as i described above. one completes with bootlooping, the other stays stuck on 5% reading phone. i guess i need to be looking for a mother/circuit board out of one with a bad screen. UNLESS a solution can be found to write to this phone.

even though, can this be returned to Metro PCS anyway? reguardless of where i aquired it? Just a shot in the dark, but worth a shot.

yes, apologies, i shouldve been more descriptive. i DID factory reset the phone before attempting both programs which was right after i rooted the phone and attempted an su update and the phone rebooted for the last time and never booted back on, only bootlooping. then i factory reset. so i guess that means i am screwed. unfortunately, i bought this phone off ebay from an individual. clean, clean esn, good running phone, til i rooted or attemped the such. i never even got to put my sim card in the phone. IDIOT.

So ive tried windows vista, 7, 8.1 and 10. nothing matters, both programs do the same as i described above. one completes with bootlooping, the other stays stuck on 5% reading phone. i guess i need to be looking for a mother/circuit board out of one with a bad screen. UNLESS a solution can be found to write to this phone.

even though, can this be returned to Metro PCS anyway? reguardless of where i aquired it? Just a shot in the dark, but worth a shot.
Unfortunately, no it can't be returned to metro since it is not under any service, but I have heard of some alcatel warranty so that you can get a phone replacement that you can look into. If the replacement is valid, then they will most likely request a receipt from the store you brought it from or a printed email paper that verifies an online purchase of the device. However, I am currently working on a Linux kernel that can bypass the startup security and is harder than I expected, but its a work in progress. I will post the download link when finished and is successful.

Unfortunately, no it can't be returned to metro since it is not under any service, but I have heard of some alcatel warranty so that you can get a phone replacement that you can look into. If the replacement is valid, then they will most likely request a receipt from the store you brought it from or a printed email paper that verifies an online purchase of the device. However, I am currently working on a Linux kernel to reinstall the stock rom, but th can bypass the startup security and is harder than I expected, but its a work in progress. I will post the download link once the firmware is complete, but in the meantime I would suggest looking into xda phone support or warranty loopholes to retrieve a fully functioning device.

Thanks man, I have ordered and received a good ESN Alcatel board for the phone that was bricked , I have installed it and it is working now and is what I'm sending this reply from. I still am interested in getting this other board up and running. I don't know what I can do to help, but I've seen different programs that I can pull partitions from if need be, like recovery, boot, system..Etc. in the meantime, I will watch this thread and If there is any way I can help you, me and others return these cool phones back to life, I want in.

I think one is sp_flash_tool. For one, hope this helps. But of course these phones have to be up and running with ADB debugging for these type of programs to work properly, just don't know how to flash whatever IMG or bin files on the phones that have crashed. Or how to flash a recovery onto the dead phones to "flash" the other stuff on to make them live again.

Tried and it stops at 2% and after a while I get this prompt?

COM0->PC[2] Search Disk over time! Please check the handset or driver! (Error code = 40011)

help me
I had the same issue my first attempt. It stopped at 2% (status at bottom said switching to download mode) and gave me the same error. Through searching for answers, I found a page that said to set the device in download mode manually by simultaneously pressing and holding vol+, vol- and power for 3-5 seconds (sorry, I can't remember the website).
I did this while the application was stuck at 2% again and less than a minute after I did it the flash process started downloading and decompressing the data. Entire process from the point that I manually set download mode was around 15 minutes and my phone is now working normally.

Steps
1. Download D6UUPU0-Latest.exe from link https://mega.nz/#!zlo2zTbY!w7ZiOMdAsstcaiUntxC9JP6nyc_3pVl_Y5inH9I3pb0
2. Then Download Drivers For Windows To Recognize The Device 5054N. https://mega.nz/#!aw4TAZga!AitSSwsvqfekj3_Ln30ZofyNnC749cok4VCHo3i2kFc
3. Unzip The File And Install The Drivers.
4.After That Open D6UUPU0-Latest.exe
5. It Will Take a Little While To Open The Program
6. When The Program Opens Up Turn Off Your Phone And Plug It Into The Computer And Leave It On The Charging Battery Logo.
7. Now Select Product Model 5054 Don't Worry About The N Not Being At The End Of The Model Number 8. Now After That Just Click Download And Everything Will Be Done By The Program By The Way This Takes About A Good Hour To Two Hours

thank you so very much for this quick & easy how to do it was way simpler than a lot of other device manufactures company's make it out to be...thank you again so much !!!

Steps
1. Download D6UUPU0-Latest.exe from link https://mega.nz/#!zlo2zTbY!w7ZiOMdAsstcaiUntxC9JP6nyc_3pVl_Y5inH9I3pb0
2. Then Download Drivers For Windows To Recognize The Device 5054N. https://mega.nz/#!aw4TAZga!AitSSwsvqfekj3_Ln30ZofyNnC749cok4VCHo3i2kFc
3. Unzip The File And Install The Drivers.
4.After That Open D6UUPU0-Latest.exe
5. It Will Take a Little While To Open The Program
6. When The Program Opens Up Turn Off Your Phone And Plug It Into The Computer And Leave It On The Charging Battery Logo.
7. Now Select Product Model 5054 Don't Worry About The N Not Being At The End Of The Model Number 8. Now After That Just Click Download And Everything Will Be Done By The Program By The Way This Takes About A Good Hour To Two Hours
~~good article~~
I have had the misfortune of a 3rd party android recovery app "nuking" my android system partition on my ebay bought Alca 5054N phablet , and have had zero (zed,zip..) success in using the alca flashing app mentioned in this article ; my windows PC says the MTP , ADB drivers have installed , but can not access the Alca internal nor external sdcard!?!
I would like to know...in lieu of a trip to a local MetroPCS repair center ($$$) OR NKC android firmware repair usb dongle ($)...how i may reflash my Alcatels stock ROM to its system partition with or without PC (live ubuntu usb flash drive an option??) connectivity??

Last edited:
The files were deleted from MEGA. Is there another place to download them? Does somebody have it saved?
I'm not dumb, don't you dare give me a .exe

My 5054N only has recovery to boot to or else it's in a bootloop. Either way, the D6UUPU0-ChangeFile.exe program says there is no device connected. The correct drivers are already installed for the phone. How can I make it see the phone?

Back
Top Bottom