• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unexpected Reboots

SysSec

Hi there.

Oh my god... i love my tablet but i can't understand why my tablet should reboot every day, example is this. When i connect to vpn and try to open facebook in stock browser it rebooted.
Or downloading from play store with vpn it 's rebooting.

Just help me to fix this. Nothing more

I would look to the problem as being the VPN itself. I presume you don't have these problems when not connect to the VPN. Have you tried to download different VPN software?
VPN makes me think that you're at work (that's the only time I use one), is it possible that you place of work has these sites blocked, and the block is causing unstability/reboot in the device. That's a bit of a reach I know, but stranger things...

Yes i think the problem is the vpn. But i use the built in vpn. L2tp. I use it for opening the sites cause they all are blocked in this stupid country.

Should i change the vpn client or my asus infinity have a virus?

I wonder if your experience with reboots and my experience have the same underlying cause (which I have yet to figure out).

Does your tablet screen go all white before it reboots?

I think my reboots are triggered by a lot of network activity, for example updates from the play store, or music downloads from Amazon.

No its just freezing and then rebooting, please guys find out whats the problem. I don't know the problem.

Ok whats up with freezing in the middle of what im doing?!?! The whole screen goes grey and then reboots. This is becoming more prevalent and annoying! I really don't want an ipad but everybody in my family has one and I've never seen any of theirs reboot or have any problems that I've seen. Additionally, the ipad actions and scrolling are so smooth vs the ASUS 700. Are there updates on the way to help or do I have to switch to the dark side?

it's better to factory reset. But my problem solved.

Guess what.

When I use my Phone as an AP my tablet that connected to L2TP VPN is rebooting. but when I connect to my ADSL router Wireless, Nothing happened.

Mine randomly reboots in different occasion too. I am not doing lot of things at same time, nor playing a lot of game. This morning, when I tried to launch facebook, it rebooted. Last time when I tried to access another email account under email, it rebooted. Also the system freezes when installing from play store. I did factory reset several time.
Will be the problem with hardware? I need to replace it if it is hardware issue.

Nevermind. I couldnt wait so I went ahead with it. I didn't lose root which is a good thing. Now to see how long it stays stable.

Back
Top Bottom