• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help uninstall protection

jknolls

Dec 23, 2010
Is there a program out there that will password protect unistalling of apps on my android phone? There are many 'lockers' out there which will password protect the opening of any app but I couldn't find anything that will require a password before you can uninstall any app.
This would be helpful addition to lookout application on my phone.
Thanks.

Is there a program out there that will password protect unistalling of apps on my android phone? There are many 'lockers' out there which will password protect the opening of any app but I couldn't find anything that will require a password before you can uninstall any app.
This would be helpful addition to lookout application on my phone.
Thanks.

I use F-Secure Mobile, which makes itself a Device Administrator during install and enables you to set a password for managing applications (which includes uninstalling them). Unfortunately it doesn't protect the Device Admin setting so it is easily defeated by someone who knows what to look for. The main problem with most android security applications is they provide no protection against simply being uninstalled. The only program that makes a serious effort to resist detection and removal is TheftAware 2.0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones