• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlimited Apps install script

Amarghy

Android Enthusiast
I am not a dev :p

Now for the real part....

We keep using links2sd or apps2sd for indirectly increasing our ROM. But those apps only partially move the apps to sdcard, rather than completely swapping to the created partition of the sdcard.

But upon googling, I came across the name of "Darktremor script" which comes with "a2sd app" which leads to completely shifting the apps to the sdcard partition :p which is the "truely unlimited apps scenario"
:D :)

I dont know if it actually works as I haven't tried it myself. But hopefully something might be made out of it by our respected Devs :D

Link:
Developers: Adding Darktremor Support to Your Existing ROM | Facebook

Downloads:
xda-developers - Threads Tagged with darktremor

Please guys, have a look into this topic and keep posting about anything more that you might find about it.

P.S. if I have a wrong concept about it, feel free to clear my doubts. Thanks :D

Hmmm... It looks like an "Unlimited Apps Scenario" but all I am worried about is editting the ramdisk. Any changes to core programming might cause instability, but all Dev's can give it a try.... It would be great if we succeed. I'll see what I can do over this...

Hey hey
Be careful with that.
Use it at your own risk.
Sometimes all of the apps just Disappear N u ll have to download it all again.
Have experienced this in Optimus one.

Sometimes all of the apps just Disappear N u ll have to download it all again.
Have experienced this in Optimus one.

is it?? But I dont think this should be happening if it was a stable mod. Maybe the sdcard got corrupted?? :(

If its the sdcard, even if you use links2sd or any other, the apps wont start even though the app name may be seen in the drawer list. I had to suffer cuz of this in my x10 pro :(

:D

Btw thanks for the reply :)

Well, its not true it completely moves all apps as such
But its true, its unstable for many phones
It created a mess in Jet ROMs for Micromax A60 and removal of the same retained the stability.
Issues caused were
1. Automatic sd card ejections
2. Automatic reboots
Also you dont have control over the script, it moves apps instantly after installation, whereas link2sd can be controlled
Also some apps perform faster at /data partition, with link2sd i can move any apps to ext partition
Also porting it to mediatek phone will needs time(someone already ported it on XDA)

:p
adding it to ROMs is just damn easy :D

Just a few numbers away in Disxda kitchen !

Works like charm in my A70 !
But the major disadvantage is ALL the apps are moved to SD :eek:

so all of your User apps are shifted to SD !!!
in contrast in link2sd, you have a choice to move selected apps rather than all of them :rolleyes:

How i use for me is,
Use the same stuff, but only that, Convert the launcher as system app so that performance is not compromised !

But i just uninstalled it a few time back for i thought link2sd was in some kind better ;)

also there is a new GUI developed for the same thing to handle properly visible in Android Market :)

something like : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elgubbo.a2sdGUI&hl=en

there is a new GUI developed for the same thing to handle properly visible in Android Market :)

something like : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elgubbo.a2sdGUI&hl=en

wow!! I know that user apps are shifted to the sdcard. But doesn't it have limitless potential for you if you have a class 6 or 10 microsd?? ;) :p

important apps can be made system apps....but for games, extras.....it can be sd-ised!! :p

Btw can the google play a2sd be used in all rooted phones?? :)

Also, there is s2ext. But it works only on cyanogenmods sadly :(

Thanks for the link :D

adding it to ROMs is just damn easy :D

Just a few numbers away in Disxda kitchen !

Works like charm in my A70 !
But the major disadvantage is ALL the apps are moved to SD :eek:

so all of your User apps are shifted to SD !!!
in contrast in link2sd, you have a choice to move selected apps rather than all of them :rolleyes:

How i use for me is,
Use the same stuff, but only that, Convert the launcher as system app so that performance is not compromised !

But i just uninstalled it a few time back for i thought link2sd was in some kind better ;)

also there is a new GUI developed for the same thing to handle properly visible in Android Market :)

lol....no
Dsixdas kitchen is useless for A75(or any Mediatek phone :p)
And even A2sd, a2sd is not at all only about adding init.d scripts
It involves addition of binaries too :p
And main thing, the a2sd service needs to be initialized in init.rc in ramdisk :p
And we know kitchen cannot extract boot.img of MTk phones hence a2sd needs to be added manually
I am working on MTK kitchen which will be only for Mediatek phones
Lets see how far I can complete it :D
And yeah a2sd cannot be added directly
The init.d script needs to be modified for the same to get it executed :p

I am working on MTK kitchen which will be only for Mediatek phones
Lets see how far I can complete it :p

Wow. Didn't know that it didn't work on mtk phones unless its added manually :( ;)

Btw Thanks a lot for clarifying it for me :p

If MTK kitchen could be used for it......please keep us updated varun :D

Thanks a lot ;)

We(me,varun,ninad) all met on A70 n at one or the other time we all have used Darktremor A2SD (DtA2SD)...
1st of all,DtA2SD does not move whole app,it moves only apk files but does it automatically.
It does not move lib files,app data or dalvik-cache by default.U can enable to move dalvik2sd but it will move all dalviks including system app's one resulting in slow rom performance(unless u have class 10 sd, may be)
N as already said, u don't have control over it.On A70 we have a forever rom called Hybrid3 which had DtA2SD earlier for which I wrote DtA2SD Removal Tutorial n the next update for rom was without DtA2SD.
So, IMHO Link2sd is better...It moves app,libs,its dalvik n does not interfere with system apps so performance does not decrease.
N its not so hard to port it to A75 but if u ask me I won't use it(personal opinion).

Btw, famous MTK Dev Bruno Martine (I don't know if he is famous amongst u but he is actually) has already ported a better script called AD2SDX by Amarullz (xda dev) to his HD7/G11i Pro or something device.
I m already working on it cause when I used it directly it didn't work for me,rom booted but black screen only,I had to nandroid restore.
AD2SDX script is something u may call as Unlimited Apps Install Potential Script.It moves whole /data to sdext but retains dalvik n system app data on /data.
For more info on AD2SDX follow this link.
[MOD][AD2SDX][ALPHA02] New Data To SD-EXT Mod - AMARULLZ DATA TO SD-EXT [OCT-20] - xda-developers

Kitchen can be modded to suit the needs !

You can simply open the system and put it as a update.zip and also,
can use the scripts to modify the Boot.img !

It can be modified ! as even in kitchen,
We have perl scripts to do the job !
we can simply replace them and get the boot thing working !
hence the same kitchen with a not of mods can be used for Adding A2sd to A75 :)

P.S.: +1 for Mastermind :D :D

Kitchen can be modded to suit the needs !

You can simply open the system and put it as a update.zip and also,
can use the scripts to modify the Boot.img !

It can be modified ! as even in kitchen,
We have perl scripts to do the job !
we can simply replace them and get the boot thing working !
hence the same kitchen with a not of mods can be used for Adding A2sd to A75 :)

P.S.: +1 for Mastermind :D :D

Dear Ninad,

Now A75 is supporting EXT2 partition, Thanks to Varun on this.

can A75 kernel support swaping of memory. as one tool is there in the market
Swapper 2 for root users, it may work, if you take intiative,

Swapper 2 (for Root users) - Android Apps and Tests - AndroidPIT

thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom