• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unofficial AOSP Builds

i'm not a fan of dirty either ;)
just wanted to test if it helps because i thought you'll be asleep longer :D

but good to know that you figured the problem out...thanks again for your efforts :thumbup:

Nah, dirty flashing doesn't really tell me anything .-.

Don't know if I figured it out yet, it was just the best lead I had D:

Anyhow, it's building now and I may have figured out Slim too. They've got a bunch of these kk4.4-caf branches that seem to be relevant .-.

What's this audio patch? I haven't heard anything about it?

I think people are talking about the XDA thread I linked to a while back. As far as I can make out, changes in 4.4.4 have messed up audio causing huge lag between e.g. skipping tracks in Apollo or Play Music and anything actually registering. For your build of 05/08 and Shabby's build #1 from 07/08, it seemed to work better if you installed this, which is basically just some proprietary libs from 4.4.2 overwriting the 4.4.4 ones. Shabby has included some sort of fix to the source in his #2 build on 07/08 (and hence in your later builds) which purports to solve this. It also breaks the compatibility with the old libs, so the XDA patch no longer works.

However, I've found Apollo massively unstable in all builds since then (it crashes lots, particularly when swapping back to it when backgrounded), and others seem to agree. I've gone back to build #1 from 07/08 and reapplied the old audio libs patch.

Other builds aren't going well, getting msm8926 defconfig undefined from the kernel. I've tried the KK and CM-11 branches. Not sure what I broke but even Carbon won't work now.

Could it be the new Falcon maintainer buggering about with msm8226-common?

I think people are talking about the XDA thread I linked to a while back. As far as I can make out, changes in 4.4.4 have messed up audio causing huge lag between e.g. skipping tracks in Apollo or Play Music and anything actually registering. For your build of 05/08 and Shabby's build #1 from 07/08, it seemed to work better if you installed this, which is basically just some proprietary libs from 4.4.2 overwriting the 4.4.4 ones. Shabby has included some sort of fix to the source in his #2 build on 07/08 (and hence in your later builds) which purports to solve this. It also breaks the compatibility with the old libs, so the XDA patch no longer works.

However, I've found Apollo massively unstable in all builds since then (it crashes lots, particularly when swapping back to it when backgrounded), and others seem to agree. I've gone back to build #1 from 07/08 and reapplied the old audio libs patch.

Could it be the new Falcon maintainer buggering about with msm8226-common?

Thanks for the info! Good to finally have it figured out. I haven't used Apollo personally so I can't really comment. Other media apps seem to be working fine though.

Oh somcom3x told me what was going on there with the repo and he's figured that out now.

In other news, got Carbon to build and reproduced Termy's error. It looks like it _may_ be a problem with the display drivers maybe? The device is showing up in ADB but I get nothing but the boot logo onscreen.

Oh yeah, current manifest is
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--Please do not manually edit this file-->
<manifest>
  <remote fetch="git://github.com/" name="peregrine" />
  <project name="OUDhs/android_device_motorola_peregrine" path="device/motorola/peregrine" remote="peregrine" revision="kk" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_qcom-common" path="device/motorola/qcom-common" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="somcom3x/android_device_motorola_msm8226-common" path="device/motorola/msm8226-common" remote="gh" revision="kk2" />
  <project name="OUDhs/android_kernel_motorola_msm8226" path="kernel/motorola/msm8226" remote="gh" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="OUDhs/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="gh" revision="kk" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" path="hardware/qcom/fm" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf-new" path="hardware/qcom/display-caf-new" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-caf-new" path="hardware/qcom/media-caf-new" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>

I did my best to match it with https://github.com/OUDhs/android_device_motorola_peregrine/blob/kk/carbon.dependencies

Just wanted to say that i tested your new build nupich and still got stuck on bootscreen...but i think your last post was already related to that build?

P.S. I have a 1045, could it be possible that the 1039 has different radio/GPS chips? Since it has different LTE bands, it seems possible.

It's a complete system-on-a-chip thing. The reason we've got a different CPU to falcons is because peregrines have a slightly newer Snapdragon with an inbuilt LTE modem, otherwise it's backwards compatible. It'll be the same one in all Moto G 4G variants - the differences between models are just the different radio firmware and whether they have a second sim slot.

Hmm , i've got a problem ..
So i'm french , and i have the xt1039
I have the cyanogenmod's build #2 30/07 .
But i don't have Lte , ( 4G in france)..
Why can i do ?
Please help me !
-bd314

Go to settings>mobile networks>preferred networks and check it;s set to use LTE (e.g GSM/WCDMA/LTE)
It doesn't work :(
I always used it before since 2 weeks .. But never had lte ..

Oooh !
I'm very sorry it's my op , he disable the lte option when i changed from retail to Cyanogenmod !
Thanks you for your help !

Yeah guys, no clue what's going on with the Carbon build. Reset my manifest, synced and I'm doing a new build now, hopefully that'll work.

On the Slim front, CM ****** with some shit recently and I'm working on un****ing it by switching some stuff back to previous un****ed versions.

On the CM front, they're ******* with audio now (that's what broke Slim), which may have something to do with all the music issues you've been having with Apollo and whatnot.

Yeah guys, no clue what's going on with the Carbon build. Reset my manifest, synced and I'm doing a new build now, hopefully that'll work.

On the Slim front, CM ****** with some shit recently and I'm working on un****ing it by switching some stuff back to previous un****ed versions.

On the CM front, they're ******* with audio now (that's what broke Slim), which may have something to do with all the music issues you've been having with Apollo and whatnot.

Strange I just built PA earlier today and everything works just fine. I think my camera issue was a fluke (tried a Linaro build as well). But Music works, just a delay when stopping/pausing a song. I don't use Apollo so I cannot comment on that.

The only issue I have is the flashlight. Works with TeslaLED but not system app.

PA is a lot closer to CM than Slim so the issues I was having may not have affected you. The problem is Slim have forked a bunch of CM's repos and made their own changes. But they left one repo in the manifest linked directly to CM. An incompatible change was pushed and bam.

As for you not getting the audio issues, it might be because the issues the others are having are a few builds old and the CM team is rather active in the audio department right now, the bugs from previous builds are likely resolved.

Ugh, new Carbon build has the same issue as the old one. I have no clue what's going on. Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to deal with it I'm afraid.

Now i get the same problem with your new slim-build - stuck on bootlogo :/

Yup, same issue as we had with Carbon.

CM's breaking things again but somcom's back so we may have something useful tomorrow but chances are we're just going to wait until CM's content enough to stop breaking everything every few days.

THE CARBON

IT BOOTS

somcom fixed some stuff today, so I think he's mostly the one to blame for this development <3

wifi's still dead though, which is unfortunate.

Hopefully since Carbon's working, Slim will too. Slim didn't have the wifi issue from before. Build's running now.

EDIT: Android's logging is so incredibly helpful:
Code:
D/WifiService(  955): setWifiEnabled: true pid=2245, uid=1000
E/WifiStateMachine(  955): Failed to load driver

EDIT: Android's logging is so incredibly helpful:
Code:
D/WifiService(  955): setWifiEnabled: true pid=2245, uid=1000
E/WifiStateMachine(  955): Failed to load driver

I know right!?!

I've got slim sources on my machine (for my kindle fire) I'll throw a build in there today and see what spits out and see if I can't help

I know right!?!

I've got slim sources on my machine (for my kindle fire) I'll throw a build in there today and see what spits out and see if I can't help

Perhaps relatedly, Slim failed to build, citing errors in wpa_supplicant...

I might try the non CAF branch...

Yup! Slim just built. Now it's time to test...

EDIT: Slim boots but audio don't work.

This is wonderful... Audio works on Carbon but Wifi doesn't. Wifi works on Slim but audio doesn't :I

so at least we are now back to the status when i first tested your carbon/slim builds :D

but i'm confident that you guys will figure it out eventually :thumbup:

I'm doing another Slim build now, I may have had some stuff on the wrong branches. somcom and/or Shabby will have to investigate wifi stuff .-.

Okay, new Slim build failed after I cleaned all the shit up and re-init repo with the caf branch.

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target 'kernel/motorola/msm8226/drivers/staging/prima/firmware_bin/WCNSS_cfg.dat', needed by '/home/gallis/Build/android/slimkat/out/target/product/peregrine/system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima/WCNSS_cfg.dat'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
(venv)[gallis@celestia slimkat]$ stat kernel/motorola/msm8226/drivers/staging/prima/firmware_bin/WCNSS_cfg.dat
stat: cannot stat &#8216;kernel/motorola/msm8226/drivers/staging/prima/firmware_bin/WCNSS_cfg.dat&#8217;: No such file or directory

somcom, I'm guessing this has something to do with the rebase or something?

Okay, new Slim build failed after I cleaned all the shit up and re-init repo with the caf branch.

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target 'kernel/motorola/msm8226/drivers/staging/prima/firmware_bin/WCNSS_cfg.dat', needed by '/home/gallis/Build/android/slimkat/out/target/product/peregrine/system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima/WCNSS_cfg.dat'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
(venv)[gallis@celestia slimkat]$ stat kernel/motorola/msm8226/drivers/staging/prima/firmware_bin/WCNSS_cfg.dat
stat: cannot stat

Back
Top Bottom