• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unroot questions

angldvl81

Android Expert
i'm not sure if this has been asked, but i'm thinking i may need to get a new TB (sad i know, but my wifi is getting an error when trying to connect). if i make a backup (obviously saved on SD card) will i be able to use that when i root the next phone and not have to go through everything again?

You don't need to get another phone for wifi connection errors. What rom do you have, and what exactly is happening?

You don't need to get another phone for wifi connection errors. What rom do you have, and what exactly is happening?

I'm on SHIFTAO5P and it was happening on shifts3ns3 as well. As for what's happening.... I turn on my wifi and nothing happens. I go into settig and turn it on from there and that's where it says "error"

edit: downloading synergy (i know it worked when i was running that) and will install that to see if it works there.

I'm on SHIFTAO5P and it was happening on shifts3ns3 as well. As for what's happening.... I turn on my wifi and nothing happens. I go into settig and turn it on from there and that's where it says "error"

edit: downloading synergy (i know it worked when i was running that) and will install that to see if it works there.

There is a simple fix. Let me find it for you.

Can't find the thread but this is what I did. In root explorer go to /system/etc/dhcpcd folder. Delete the file dhcpcd.conf and reboot. Wifi will work.

Well that didn't work.

Edit...switched to synergy rom and no wifi there either....looks like im headed for a new tb :sad:

Well that didn't work.

Edit...switched to synergy rom and no wifi there either....looks like im headed for a new tb :sad:

:(

just curious,have you tried to pick up wifi at different sources? slim chance it could be something with your router rather than your phone...

:(

just curious,have you tried to pick up wifi at different sources? slim chance it could be something with your router rather than your phone...

Yes I have. No luck there either. As for router, my computer picks it up as does my boyfriends tablet, laptop and phone.

Back
Top Bottom