• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting desire

mvh

Aug 20, 2010
HTC confirmed that Gingerbread will come to the original Desire today in the spring. I've rooted my desire last week, but I mis having facebook for HTC sense and the keyboard.

If HTC releases this update, I won't be able to install it. Can I flash it manually or do I need to unroot?

I have a completely stock desire (not branded or locked)

Regards,

Only in dutch but here:

"
Daarnaast zijn alle functies uit Sense 2.0, zoals de HTC Hub met apps van HTC en de webdienst HTCSense.com, aanwezig op alle nieuwe toestellen. Een upgrade naar Android 2.3, vermoedelijk met de nieuwe Sense, komt in het voorjaar van 2011 uit voor de Desire HD, de Desire Z en de eerste Desire."

Source: Tweakers.net

Translation of the last sentence:

"An upgrade to Android 2.3, presumably with the new sense, will be available in the spring of 2011 for the Desire HD, Desire Z, and the first Desire"

The source is very reliable. One of the biggest newssites in Europe. They are attending WMC.

Back on topic:

So do I need a ROM manager, or is there a guide to completely unroot? If not can I just flash it in recovery?

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Would I need to wipe my phone in backup? i would assume so.

I'm now running Oxygen, but what if I would want to change to Gingervillain for instance.

I'm thinking:

Boot in recovery
Wipe date
Apply SD card update zip
Select rom

Correct?

I also have ROM manager. Would this be easier?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones