• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting help

hey guys,
i'm having some difficulty with my droid incredible 2 after rooting it. I flashed cm10 build 2 by psycos r us on to it, and now i would like to go back to stock android. however, when i try to unroot it, i get the "older version" problem. is there any way to get around it? i know it's been discussed before, so please don't hate me, i just couldn't understand what the previous forums were saying.
thanks!
daniel

Hi Daniel - welcome to the forums... thanks for joining!! :)

I've moved your thread to the root section... I am sure that we will be able to help you out.

You should be able to run an RUU (Rom Update Utility) from your PC which would put you back on to stock firmware. I would wait for other users of the Incredible 2 to help you out with this though :)

hi daniel... how did you root the phone in the first place? since you are experinecing main version older errors,i assume that you have rooted via htcdev unlock,as otherwise youd have an s off hboot,wich would not spit back those errors.

there are a couple of things when running ruus:
1)the bootloader must be relocked
2)the ruu must be of your current build number or newer. as youve found,running older ones doesnt work.

the prollem,here,is that to my knowledge an ruu does not exist for the build that youre likely on(the most current)

my suggestion would be to re-unlock your bootloader if youve relocked it,boot to recovery and install a stock rom(youll have to instal the boot image seperately,as im sure you know)

heres a stock 6.01.605.5: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1737494&highlight=6+01+605+5

once your back to a working stock rom,you may want to consider using this guide to dongrade and run revolutionary to get yourself an s off hboot,if you wish to continue being rooted: http://androidforums.com/incredible...y-downgrade-firmware-build-6-01-605-05-a.html

holler if you have questions :)

Back
Top Bottom