• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting Issue

Lunchbox88

Lurker
Nov 23, 2009
My phone (Moto D1) is currently running the latest stable version of CM7, and I have been using clockworkmod premium to handle it. Currently my power button has stopped functioning and Verizon is replacing it under the extended warranty I bought. I had planned on un-rooting following these instructions ( How To: Unroot the Motorola Droid | TheUnlockr )
But not being able to hold the power button down to get into recovery for rsd lite to recognize my phone is a problem. Is there a way around this, possibly a stock image I can just install from a .zip on the sd card? I wont get the new phone till tuesday so I have a few days, but I would like to get this sorted out before its too late. If there is any more info you need that I am leaving out please let me know. Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones