• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unzipping Recovery Files

I'm loading Xionia recovery to my Optimus V. It downloads in a Zip format. I am also using the terminal emulator to load it, per instruction on this board. Is it necessary to Unzip the file prior to entering " flash_image_recovery_/sdcard/recovery.img(return)" ?
If I do have to unzip the file, is there a specific utility to use. My Express Zip keeps crashing on this file.
Thanks for any help...

It and the flash_image need to be unziped. Use 7 zip.
Why the Xionia? It's best with the Froyo ROMs, but doesn't wipe thoroughly enough for the IHO Gingerbread ROMs and above.

The best recovery for the V is the ZenGarden recovery.
It works with all ROMs developed for the V.
It also will allow you to format an SD card partition to ext.4 and back to ext.3 if need be (partition is used with Link2SD).

Read: How to install a flash_image; flash a recovery, ROM, and theme for additional information. It can be found in the All Things Root sub-forum/All Things Root Guide sticky.

Note: I have 103 downloaded and installed apps. I still have 123MB of space left on the internal storage because of Link2SD.

Back
Top Bottom