• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update firmware?

Yathushan

Hi, I am just wondering whether I should stick to the updates that have been accredited by O2 for the samsung galaxy which is currently I7500XXII4 or should I update the firmware to I7500XXIK4?

This may seem like a very silly question but it is just that O2 don't seem to be bothered about the phone or its upgrade pathway currently.

Any advise would be helpful.
Thank You

I don't think you will find *any* carrier who is taking a very active role with the Galaxy. If you read the forum you'll quickly conclude that the answer to your question is a resounding "YES, update to the newest firmware you can find, possibly a custom one, and installing the custom recovery with nandroid backup is recommended". :)

I don't think you will find *any* carrier who is taking a very active role with the Galaxy. If you read the forum you'll quickly conclude that the answer to your question is a resounding "YES, update to the newest firmware you can find, possibly a custom one, and installing the custom recovery with nandroid backup is recommended". :)
as stated above, i think youll find most phone providers are not really forthcoming with updates. this is probably due to how samsung release and allow testing of the firmware.

Back
Top Bottom