• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update Loop- Unable to update phone software

nsphreak

Sep 18, 2012
I searched through 8 pages about 'update' and could not find any posts with similar issues

I am unable to update my phones software. It prompts me about Software update, downloads the update, reboots phone to install, and phone is not updated after reboot. Phone prompts me to install Software Update

This is VM Stock, rooted. Current says 4.0.3

I'm not sure if an unlocked bootloader would be the issue. You can wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in, or you can try to relock your HBOOT. If you unlocked it via the HTC unlock token, it won't take long to unlock it again after a relock.

I also don't have the command syntax handy to relock the bootloader, but I think I could find it within a couple of minutes of searching.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones