• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrade from 4.4.2 to Lollipop

spyder

Jan 18, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Please, I would love any input. I've been reading and reading over this and just can't really nail it down.

My Current System:
Android 4.4.2
Running on: NK1
Rooted
SafeStrap
Xposed Framework (Just removed in prep to update)

OK..... I've read all the techs of using FlashFire to update to OC1 Lollipop. I'm a little concerned with this, read of many WiFi problems? Plus, it is not compatible and SafeStrap is lost on the OC1 update.

I was sent a ROM (Although not verified, but trusted source) that supposedly updates the same except instead of to OC1, takes it only to the NK4 KitKat firmware, but with Lollipop. This still allows Safestrap. Also, I'm thinking if there are any issues, I SHOULD still be able to use ODIN to get back to the NC5 and start over?

I am in now way stuck in my mind on using Flashfire, it's just all I've found to do this.

BOTTOMLINE: I just want to take this to Lollipop and keep root. Really that simple(yea right..lol). The thing is, it's my only phone and I really need to be sure and get it right.

I can't seem to find the files anywhere (The XDA thread on the OC1 update are even broken links).

I would just love any suggestions. I prefer to stick to the 'Stock' as much as possible, although am for sure open to any new ideas.

Any point in the right direction to update, I would REALLY appreciate it. I'm very confused which is the best way to proceed, getting the files, thoughts on Flashfire, etc.....

THANK YOU ALL.....LOOK FORWARD TO ANY SUGGESTIONS....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones