• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pcurrie56

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
Hi All,

Apologies for asking a queation that has probably been asked a million times by now.

I recently upgraded my SGS2 to ICS with odin and i instantly regret it. It's sluggish, crashes a lot and is basically worse than Gingerbread.

So, looking to flash it back but i can't seem to find the Gingerbread files anywhere, all of the links i've tried are dead.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Hi All,

Apologies for asking a queation that has probably been asked a million times by now.

I recently upgraded my SGS2 to ICS with odin and i instantly regret it. It's sluggish, crashes a lot and is basically worse than Gingerbread.

So, looking to flash it back but i can't seem to find the Gingerbread files anywhere, all of the links i've tried are dead.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Welcome to Android Forums!
:D

Which version of the GS 2 do you have?

Upvote 0
Hi,

it's the GT - I9100

Cheers

Welcome to Androidforums by the way!

Ok, to get more eyes on this I've moved it to the Galaxy S 2 Forum. The people who frequent there have more experience with your particular phone, so hopefully they can help a little better. :)

Join us in other forums for general Android Chat or the Lounge for off topic fun!

See you on the forums and welcome aboard!

Upvote 0
Reactions: IOWA
Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to the insane asylum known as SGSII, All Things Root, pcurrie56! :)

Try here for the files you're looking for:-

SamMobile Firmware Page

or here:-

The webversion of Check Fus 2.0

Hope this helps! :D

Hi, thanks for that, 'm new to all of this so may need a bit of spoon-feeding.

I'm looking for the files to re-install Gingerbread 2.3.6, im also looking for the Vodafone UK version, if there is such a thing...

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for that, 'm new to all of this so may need a bit of spoon-feeding.

I'm looking for the files to re-install Gingerbread 2.3.6, im also looking for the Vodafone UK version, if there is such a thing...

The latest firmware that I can find for Vodafone UK is Android 2.3.5 and is BUKJ3 which you can download from here:-

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100BUKJ3_I9100VODKI2_VOD.zip

To install this to your phone you will need to flash it using Odin3 v1.85. Step-by-step instructions on how to do this are here:-

[ROM+Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KL1/2/3/LA2,4/LB2,LPE/Q/7/2/F/S/4/7 Download - xda-developers

Please read it very carefully. ;)

Reactions: pcurrie56 and IOWA
Upvote 0
The latest firmware that I can find for Vodafone UK is Android 2.3.5 and is BUKJ3 which you can download from here:-

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100BUKJ3_I9100VODKI2_VOD.zip

To install this to your phone you will need to flash it using Odin3 v1.85. Step-by-step instructions on how to do this are here:-

[ROM+Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KL1/2/3/LA2,4/LB2,LPE/Q/7/2/F/S/4/7 Download - xda-developers

Please read it very carefully. ;)

Dude, i can't thank you enough, i had to do a factory reset after flashing it (google services and framework kept failing) but it is now back to Gingerbread and working like a dream.

Cheers again dude, faith in humanity restored.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones