• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB problem with JB AOKP

CrackBaby

Android Enthusiast
I tried the JB AOKP and the USB connection doesn't work (I was trying to sideload swype keyboard onto the phone).

Not feeling up to doing a new rom today, but I would love a suggestion for what to do tomorrow.

If you want to keep the ROM upload the apk you want to install to Google Drive. Use the Google Drive app on your phone and you can install the app from there. I do this all the time with my none market apps, I keep all of my apk's on Google Drive, not on my phone.

:) Thanks for the idea.
I tried that out, and it "installed," and I see it listed in my keyboard settings area, it's checkmarked, but no dice - not showing up when I actually go to type something.

:) Thanks for the idea.
I tried that out, and it "installed," and I see it listed in my keyboard settings area, it's checkmarked, but no dice - not showing up when I actually go to type something.

Been a while since I actually used swype. Are you using the official swype beta? If so, I remember as part of the keyboard setup you have to register it. I don't remember exactly how to do it as it has been a long time. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom