• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USCC Desire Froyo Released!

Installed it last night and rooted with Unrekoved 3.32. Worked like and charm and I got rid of all that pesky bloatware! Linpack score went from around 7 on 2.1 to averaging 30+ on 2.2!!! I'm a happy nerd. :D

Are there many roms that our cmda desires can run on?
 
My custom ROM based on this RUU is on XDA - won't be doing a lot more to it as I'm in the UK but I'll get it to decent level before I stop. Next build is coming tomorrow probably - USCC apps moved to the /data partition, perhaps a few power saving mods. We'll see
 
i tried to download this and got error 155 about 5 times and recovered succesfully. i got sick of it so i did a hard reset and tried it without my microsd card in. it got a lot farther, but the same error happened and when i went to recover it i figured it'd be fine and skipped through the recovery directions but it wont reboot. it gets stuck at the first htc screen. it can charge while its off. i need help!
 
i tried to download this and got error 155 about 5 times and recovered succesfully. i got sick of it so i did a hard reset and tried it without my microsd card in. it got a lot farther, but the same error happened and when i went to recover it i figured it'd be fine and skipped through the recovery directions but it wont reboot. it gets stuck at the first htc screen. it can charge while its off. i need help!

I'm sure there are knowledgeable people here that could walk you thru it, but at this point I would take it into a store.
 
I'm sure there are knowledgeable people here that could walk you thru it, but at this point I would take it into a store.

yeah, but im thinking theyre just gonnna make me pay for another one, so that's last resort. if someone could give me instructions on how to update it from the boot menu by putting it on my sd card or something like that, then i would be set.
 
So one of the benefits of 2.2 is the ability to sync with Microsoft Exchange. Anyone have any idea how I can do this? :o:confused:

My companies IT department is in another state and they are no help.
 
So one of the benefits of 2.2 is the ability to sync with Microsoft Exchange. Anyone have any idea how I can do this? :o:confused:

My companies IT department is in another state and they are no help.


http://www.htc.com/europe/howto.aspx?id=666&type=1&p_id=312
 
Really strange that this update essentially wipes your phone. At least according to what it says online. All data from email, contacts, apps, calendar, etc will need to be reinstalled?

On my unlocked (never branded) Desire, I get the updates OTA (not having to download from a website) and I've never had it wipe my data.

So, not only does US Cellular make it's customers wait forever, but you have to basically reinstall everything after the update. What a load of crap.
 
Back
Top Bottom