• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using a European Galaxy S3 in the US.

shehryare

Lurker
Hi everyone,

I recently got a galaxy s3 from amsterdam as a birthday present. Its an unlocked phone and is the european, quad-core version. I've been using it for a while now in Pakistan without any problems but I'm going back to New York soon and want to use it with my AT&T connection. The connection itself I know will work, but what about the internet data? I read somewhere about it being able to be used with AT&T's HSPA+? Or will it be on EDGE/3G.
There is a difference between HSPA and HSPA+ I read somewhere.

Also, my main usage of data on the phone is for emails, whatsapp, google maps, etc...(simple apps which don't use much data)..

Can someone please give me some advice? I can either take it back and use it with AT&T, or I can sell it here and buy the same phone from the US...please let me know. Thanks
 
Hello shehryare! Welcome to AF! I have moved your thread into the Galaxy S3 forum, someone there will know the answer to your question :) Thanks for joining up, and congrats on the new phone!
 
I have an i9300 purchased in Asia and just returned to the US from the US. In a a couple hrs I'll be heading into the local ATT office and hooking up so I'll let you know.
 
I'm currently using the quad core international in DC. H+ network works like a charm. As long as u actually have H+ coverage in your area (I know ny does), your phone will be good to go. I'd recommend using the "at&t pta" APN, instead of the one your phone defaults to if ur using a LTE sim from a previous lte device. If not, any apn is fine such as "phone" or "wap".. or the default one your phone creates.

Let me know how it goes!
 
Oh.. and the reason I'm using this version is because I bought both and did a side by side comparison.. unless u absolutely need lte, the international version wins hands down in performance.. I have a post on this somewhere in here. I use my phone like u, nothing crazy.

Good luck.
 
I'm currently using the quad core international in DC. H+ network works like a charm. As long as u actually have H+ coverage in your area (I know ny does), your phone will be good to go. I'd recommend using the "at&t pta" APN, instead of the one your phone defaults to if ur using a LTE sim from a previous lte device. If not, any apn is fine such as "phone" or "wap".. or the default one your phone creates.

Let me know how it goes!
Thanks so much for your response nseriessaga...I was beginning to think nobody tried this yet!
 
Back
Top Bottom