• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using Gmail on Eris

rick12

Jan 3, 2010
These questions might already be answered somewhere here, but I haven't found them. Sorry if I'm repeating.

When I get email in my gmail account in my Eris, the font will be small, like I'm looking at a web page, and the virtual buttons at the bottom will include Archives, Delete, and something else between them. If I click on Menu, among the options that pop up is "Labels." If I click on All Mail, I can see all my mail like I can if I'm using my computer.

After I've looked at each email, things change. If I click on one in the inbox, the email no longer looks like it would in a web page. At the bottom, my choices have changed. Now they are Reply and Reply All. When I click on Menu, I no longer have labels; I have "folders." When I click on that and then on [Gmail]/All mail, it says there are no messages.

So it appears that once I've looked at my email, I can no longer see it in a web page format, nor can I see the contents of All Mail.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a peculiarity of Eris?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones