• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vegas, Boston and Connecticut to lose CDMA support July 1st

PHP87

Android Enthusiast
Vegas, Boston and Connecticut to lose CDMA support July 1st Just read it online.

I talked to a Metro rep and he said they will be giving discounts on new GSM phones, but I imagine they will be low-end phones.

Also, I like my LG Spirit and don't wish to change my device. I was told my area, the SF Bay Area, would have CDMA support thru the end of 2015, so it sounds like I have another 17 months or so.

When T-Mobile merged with Metro, customers were told the merger would be seamless and they would not be affected in any way.

Obviously, that was a lie. I think a class-action lawsuit is in order.

Further discussion of the topic should be posted: http://androidforums.com/metro-pcs/843961-metropcs-psa-cdma-network-shutdown-info.html
From there you can also see the link with the proper discounts

The network will be shutdown by the end of Q2 2015 not the end of the 2015. But from the beginning of the merger we knew we'd have to change our CDMA devices.

T-Mobile/Metro rep told me just now SF Bay Area is good until the end of 2015 as far as CDMA.

Looking at the Metro site, not a lot of phones to choose from. Either high-end or low-end phones. The LG F6 looks decent, but only 1.3 GB of internal storage.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

The F6 is quite a good device. I quite like it. The dev for it is a bit slow at the moment, but once the CDMA network is dropped, I think it will pick up when they -side-grade?-

Back
Top Bottom