• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Alright so how do I install 4.0.4..

Thanks for confirmation! Ima go ahead and root tomorow. Seems pretty damn easy on this thing.

Thanks for confirmation! Ima go ahead and root tomorow. Seems pretty damn easy on this thing.

your welcome
yes the gnexus is awesome in that retrospect i enjoy using fastboot commands manually to root and unlock the phone. gives you a certain sense of accomplishment only achieved through learning of trail and error i love the unlockable device ha. :p;)

alrigh so how would i go back to stock 4.0.2 now?

4.0.4 is great, but there a few hangups that are really annoying. I would rather just go back to stock now and wait for the official update.

thanks

alrigh so how would i go back to stock 4.0.2 now?

4.0.4 is great, but there a few hangups that are really annoying. I would rather just go back to stock now and wait for the official update.

thanks

The wugfresh toolkit will help you unroot, flash stock, and relock the bootloader. Remember to wipe cache, dalvik cache, data wipe to. If any issues do a factory reset or reflash the stock image again.

The wugfresh toolkit will help you unroot, flash stock, and relock the bootloader. Remember to wipe cache, dalvik cache, data wipe to. If any issues do a factory reset or reflash the stock image again.

So i want to remove the 4.0.4 zip from the sd card first i imagine? Can i reflash from the backup i took with clockwork mod? Or do i need to download 4.0.2 again and place that on the SD card?

thanks for the help

So i want to remove the 4.0.4 zip from the sd card first i imagine? Can i reflash from the backup i took with clockwork mod? Or do i need to download 4.0.2 again and place that on the SD card?

thanks for the help

You don't have to remove the 4.0.4 or anything else.
If you have a backup yes flash that first.
If issues use the wugfresh toolkit to unroot and reflash 4.0.2
The wugfresh I have will find the file you need and put them in the proper folders or c drive.

And your welcome

You don't have to remove the 4.0.4 or anything else.
If you have a backup yes flash that first.
If issues use the wugfresh toolkit to unroot and reflash 4.0.2
The wugfresh I have will find the file you need and put them in the proper folders or c drive.

And your welcome

alright I am home from work now so i can actually see the program..Yep, very easy to go back to stock!

Now I can explain a little more in detail why i am going back..

The first day or two battery life was unbelievable..I mean, it was 30-40% better. I was hammering away on the phone more than usual during these two days and i was getting up around 6hrs screen on time, with about 65% using wifi and 35% on 4g. After those two days though it just went downhill badly, i tried all the usual stuff i would normal do and all the things you guys usually recommend to check. Everything was normal, it was just eating up battery life for some reason. Charging was taking a lot longer than usual also.

There were a few other hiccups also, no freezing or anything like that. But lots of times i would go to a bookmark and it would take me to a completely different bookmark that i have. In addition to that, if i would open a certain app up it would open up a completely different app on my phone :eek:

Eventually i just got sick of it and needed to go back. i can see where they are going with the update though and that is good enough for now.

alright I am home from work now so i can actually see the program..Yep, very easy to go back to stock!

Now I can explain a little more in detail why i am going back..

The first day or two battery life was unbelievable..I mean, it was 30-40% better. I was hammering away on the phone more than usual during these two days and i was getting up around 6hrs screen on time, with about 65% using wifi and 35% on 4g. After those two days though it just went downhill badly, i tried all the usual stuff i would normal do and all the things you guys usually recommend to check. Everything was normal, it was just eating up battery life for some reason. Charging was taking a lot longer than usual also.

There were a few other hiccups also, no freezing or anything like that. But lots of times i would go to a bookmark and it would take me to a completely different bookmark that i have. In addition to that, if i would open a certain app up it would open up a completely different app on my phone :eek:

Eventually i just got sick of it and needed to go back. i can see where they are going with the update though and that is good enough for now.

Yes thats a bad deal let me give you another idea now
That update 4.0.4 people have took the radio update out of that and made a flashable zip meaning you could use a custom rom and flash that zip with the radio updates rather then staying at that horrible battery life. I'm sure some custom roms are even putting that radio update in the rom itself. So just a idea for you some roms give you better battery life then stock.

I am pretty happy with battery life. I can squeeze out almost 4hrs. I have no issues with signal or anything along those lines

Back
Top Bottom