• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] CyanogenMod Announces New Monthly M-Series

After a couple of days, i have to say I'm pretty impressed with this release. Stable, responsive, smooth, quite a few customizations. Not as vast an amount as AOKP, but not bad.

Dislikes:
No Customize nav buttons (ie. color, function, amount...etc.),
No Customize notification LED (color, notification type...etc). There are probably some things other find missing, but that's all I could think of.
Google Search: Noticeably slower since flashing this ROM on first search after reboot, but it still functions.

Things I like:
Battery life: Much better than AOKP (stock and with leankernel) and comparable to what I was getting with Bugless Beast. I'm just running the kerenel that came with CM, so it might be better if you flash a different one.
Stability: 2 days and no crashes, no lockups, no freezes, and runs buttery smooth.
Sound: I love DSP manager, and have missed it ever since bought my GNEX. The version on CM10 compared to CM7 seems a little better and has a few extras. I listen to a lot of music, so sound and an EQ are pretty important to me.
Customizations: Like I said, there are a few features missing, but overall, there are enough to keep me happy until the next update.

I'm enjoying this ROM so far. A good mix of BB and AOKP. With a few tweeks, I could be using this for a long while.

Sound: I love DSP manager, and have missed it ever since bought my GNEX. The version on CM10 compared to CM7 seems a little better and has a few extras. I listen to a lot of music, so sound and an EQ are pretty important to me.

For future reference, just download and flash the file from this link:
[APP] DSPmanager for JB, Android 4.1 - xda-developers

Now, you can use DSP manager on all ROMS that do not come with it installed!

I have been running on the Nightlies of CM10 for at least 2 months now, they have been very good so far.

The first couple issues found had some dealings with reboot failure. Otherwise the newest versions, (October) seem to be all running fine for me.

Loving it and will always be a fan of Cyanogen Mod

Back
Top Bottom