• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon handing out coupon codes for free Droid DNAs (With a two-year contract)

This is very tempting to me instead of fixing my broken glass, as I have an upgrade eligible on one of my lines... Hmmm

I was planning on running my Tbolt into the ground. No complaints it's a great phone.
But ........ I can't resist a free, new HTC DNA with the same old family plan. With a N7 on
wifi at home I never come close to using 2 gigs of data a month on my phone.
YeeHaw :-]

I'm wondering if this only works when you're up for a new phone or if the promo would work if you're not quite up. I am two months away from being up for an upgrade. I had a Pantech Breakout that crapped out on me. Now I'm running on the first gen Droid (A855).

VZW keeps on doing this, great phone deals at the wrong times.

I'm wondering if this only works when you're up for a new phone or if the promo would work if you're not quite up. I am two months away from being up for an upgrade. I had a Pantech Breakout that crapped out on me. Now I'm running on the first gen Droid (A855).

VZW keeps on doing this, great phone deals at the wrong times.

my sister is 1 month away from an upgrade, and they will not honor it, i just got a friend of mine to upgrade his line, and the promotion does knock off the $200 or $179 to pay but with an upgrade you have to cover the upgrade fee, which apparently cannot be waived by verizon unless you have better luck.

i added a new line, got this device, and when it arrives, i will put a dummy esn on it so that way i only pay $10 extra a month.

i added a new line, got this device, and when it arrives, i will put a dummy esn on it so that way i only pay $10 extra a month.

Drat and curses and other expletives. I guess that I will have to make due with what I got. Hey at least I got Cyanogen running on my OG Droid. I don't want to go through the hassle of adding a line, etc...

Screwed again by Verizon.

for $10 extra a month and keeping unlimited data i think it is a good process.

say you purchase a new SGS4 at $300
in 2 years you would roughly pay 12.50 extra a month for the device.
however if you take advantage of this offer and add a new line
you will pay $9.99 extra a month (as long as you put a dummy esn on it when you get it)

so verizon isn't "screwing" you. You are doing it to yourself to miss out on this deal, even if you wait for the HTC one on verizon or the s4 this deal will be gone, and you will miss out of a great opportunity that Verizon is doing.

you are your own person and make your own decisions. So good luck to ya.

*EDIT*
I would suggest only adding a new line to keep unlimited data, cause upgrading your phone will cause you to lose unlimited data

my sister is 1 month away from an upgrade, and they will not honor it, i just got a friend of mine to upgrade his line, and the promotion does knock off the $200 or $179 to pay but with an upgrade you have to cover the upgrade fee, which apparently cannot be waived by verizon unless you have better luck.

So your friend had to pay $30 for the upgrade fee? If so that's not bad.

I wish one of my lines was up for upgrade right now, Id pick up another DNA to replace one of our other phones.

yes, the first one did, but i got my marketing director to do it also (he had a Droid Pro...) and they waived the activation fee...

Thanks for the information! I had purchased the DNA with a $100 off 13 days ago, I contacted Verizon with this deal and they credited my account another $100. I just made it in time before the 14 days was up. I did get charged the $30 activation fee but I am okay with that.

sometimes you just dont get to see the new deals until it is too late, I missed out on the 15$ unlimited data package several years back, and i am still paying the $30 unlimited, but i am ok with that.

true, I plan to do that anyway though. Where I work in the Bakken, Verizon is the only company that has signal in the oil fields. No one else has signal outside of the cities in ND.

Back
Top Bottom