• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] How to flash without bricking phone

DoctorEyeSight

Android Enthusiast
It's been over a year I haven't flashed any ROMS.

I'm currently running 4.2.1 JellyBean JBSourcery.

I want to flash 4.4.4 KitKat.

How do I flash this bad boy without bricking my phone? Sort of forgot how to flash a rom/kernel/newer radio.

Flash radio first? Or flash ROM? Or doesn't matter?

Thanks!

P.S. - Sorry if I reposted, there isn't much support over at the VZW forums as this phone has retired :(

Hey Doc! Me again :).

I've moved this thread, too--lemme know if you want it merged with your other one...

Pretty hard to brick this device since it's a Nexus...there's always the factory images, etc. if you get into trouble.

I don't think the flashing order of the radios (there's an extra one for the VZW GNex) matters--I say that because of the flash-all script for flashing the factory image flashes the stock ROM last.

Cheers!

So I figured you have to be a genius to brick a nexus device Lol

I flashed the ROM/GApps/Kernel. Doesn't really matter what order, as long as you clear cache/dalvik/system/format system and install!

Technically, I think it does matter what order, however the order you used is the correct one.

Also for the readers, you would want to make sure you use the latest version of recovery available for your device because that is where a lot of issues do arise.

Back
Top Bottom