• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Junped in the Rooted and Unlocked pool!

joesixpack

Android Enthusiast
Had to have Jellybean and didn't want to wait for Big Red, so I took the plunge last night and unlocked & rooted my GN. Flashed Bugless Beast and its AWESOME! Can't wait to try out all this stuff I've been reading about. Too many people to thank, so I'll thank all of you that are on these forums. Couldn't have done it without your help!

BTW, can anyone recommend some must-have mods for a noob like me? I was told I'd never look back if I did this, and I can see why now. SO much out there to discover, and so little time!

Thanks again to all!

Welcome. And come on in, the water's fine.

shark.jpg

^^I kid. I kid. :D

I'd stick with what you have for awhile. Make sure you have a nandroid backup and take it nice and slow. That coming from a guy who's been crackflashing JB roms with limited testing nightly. :vroam:

Welcome to the dark side :)

As for mods on JellyBean, your options are pretty scarce right now. If you want you can try adding a launcher or widgets app for more customization

Had to have Jellybean and didn't want to wait for Big Red, so I took the plunge last night and unlocked & rooted my GN. Flashed Bugless Beast and its AWESOME! Can't wait to try out all this stuff I've been reading about. Too many people to thank, so I'll thank all of you that are on these forums. Couldn't have done it without your help!

BTW, can anyone recommend some must-have mods for a noob like me? I was told I'd never look back if I did this, and I can see why now. SO much out there to discover, and so little time!

Thanks again to all!

We welcome you with open arms have fun!

Must have mods for me on JB is a battery %. They are rather scarce right now and it will depend on the ROM you're running as to which mods work on which ROM. Feel free to ask questions if you're unsure of anything.

We welcome you with open arms have fun!

Must have mods for me on JB is a battery %. They are rather scarce right now and it will depend on the ROM you're running as to which mods work on which ROM. Feel free to ask questions if you're unsure of anything.

Simi clock, battery and weather are working well.

If you like bugless beast you should also try out the latest Jelly Belly... its pretty amazing as well, and it has a few mods going for it, there's a blue and and red theme, softkey mods, power menu mods, battery/clock etc... also look in the "everything JB guide" there are a ton of flashable mods as well.

Its not as nice using flashable mods because when you start to flash 2-3+ they will begin to overlap and you lose certain features of some in favor of other ones and it becomes kinda unpredictable (not stability wise, just visually, its hard to get what you want) vs. having a ROM (like AOKP) that lets you do that vast majority of that stuff through a menu in the settings. Like everyone has told you, just make sure you have a couple good nandroids to go back to when (not if) you screw something up... and check your md5 sums, I didn't for the longest time and then I had a bad flash and i'll never not check an md5 again lets put it that way.

happy flashing, you're one of us now.

Back
Top Bottom