• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Just lost 4g after flashing new kernel

hurricane630

Ok, so basically I have been running AOKP B25 and franco 13.1. I just flashed leankernel 1.6.6. I had 4 bars of 4g before going into recovery. After I wiped dalvik cache and flashed the leankernel, I rebooted and can not get 4g. I have 3g, but not 4g. I tried rebooting, didn't work. tried turning airplane mode on/off turning data on/off, turning lte on/off. nothing worked. When I turned 4g on the bars are just grey and the 4g symbol doesn't show up. Any clue what happen?? could it be my sim card?

I don't want to clear my phone so trying to find a solution before getting to this step

Edit: also how can I get the stock boot up screen while running aokp? If I have to go to verizon, I don't want them rebooting it and having a fit cause its rooted and I don't want any problems lol. I turned off the aokp boot screen, just don't know how to turn on the stock boot screen.

Ok, so basically I have been running AOKP B25 and franco 13.1. I just flashed leankernel 1.6.6. I had 4 bars of 4g before going into recovery. After I wiped dalvik cache and flashed the leankernel, I rebooted and can not get 4g. I have 3g, but not 4g. I tried rebooting, didn't work. tried turning airplane mode on/off turning data on/off, turning lte on/off. nothing worked. When I turned 4g on the bars are just grey and the 4g symbol doesn't show up. Any clue what happen?? could it be my sim card?

I don't want to clear my phone so trying to find a solution before getting to this step

Well the first thing to try would be to backup your broken (current) ROM/kernel/etc and then restore the one you backed up prior to flashing the new kernel. You did create a nandroid before flashing the kernel right? If not, why not try:

1. clear cache
2. clear dalvik
3. flash previous kernel
4. reboot

If you still don't have 4G, I would then try pulling the uSIM card and re-seating it. If it's still not working, call 611 from your phone and perhaps there is a 4G issue that coincided with your kernel flashing or they can do something to re-auth your phone/sim.

Well the first thing to try would be to backup your broken (current) ROM/kernel/etc and then restore the one you backed up prior to flashing the new kernel. You did create a nandroid before flashing the kernel right? If not, why not try:

1. clear cache
2. clear dalvik
3. flash previous kernel
4. reboot

If you still don't have 4G, I would then try pulling the uSIM card and re-seating it. If it's still not working, call 611 from your phone and perhaps there is a 4G issue that coincided with your kernel flashing or they can do something to re-auth your phone/sim.

yes I did create a nandroid lol. Just restored my previous set up. And 4g is working. Going to try flashing lean again lol

I've had the same thing happen a time or two. Never did really explain it away and I was flashing the big name kernels everybody else was singing praises about. Not sure what causes it.

Back
Top Bottom