• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Nervous need some support!!!

tsargent347

OK ive gotten my phone unlocked using the toolkit. I was on my way to unlocking it manually via adb and fastboot ( got android sdk setup and drivers working but never got files for fastboot) but decided to go with the toolkit. im kinda nervous to root and start loading roms and espically kernels because like everyone else with this phone i waited a long time and spent a good chunk of change for this thing and really dont want to scew it up! I know how to load roms and such coming from the droid x but only loaded one kernel on my extra fascinate i have..and ive read that a couple people are having problems with their phones not charging and connecting to adb. Any advice on to what i should do? i really wanted to root and was about to when i read that thread and kinda got me a little shaky!

make backups and don't 'set on boot' in setcpu with kernel settings until you know it's stable

have fun
but the the guys in that thread say they couldnt get adb to read their phones anymore..what if that happens? just boot back into clockwork and restore a backup? ive never restored a backup, does it restore radios and kernel and everything?

i wouldn't worry too much, that looks like a freak occurrence, and they may still get out of it

as long as you can get it back to stock locked you will be under warranty

Not sure what thead you're referring to but if you are having problems on a particular kernel, you can always just flash another. And yeah, do backups for a bailout plan. To answer your question, nand backups do not backup/restore radio or bootloader. Everything else will return.

So basically, keep recent backups. Verify MD5's whenever possible, make sure you're loading stuff for the CDMA Gnex and you're going to do fine.

but the the guys in that thread say they couldnt get adb to read their phones anymore..what if that happens? just boot back into clockwork and restore a backup? ive never restored a backup, does it restore radios and kernel and everything?

Restoring a nandroid backup will completely restore everything you need.

I don't believe it will restore a radio, however. But flashing a radio is really an easy and completely separate task.

dont know how to post threads in this but its right above my thread in the vzw galaxy nexus root thread..should i locate and keep a completely stock rom, radio, and kernel on my computer just in case?

Back
Top Bottom