• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 4 Lollipop Update

Another issue is multi window Google Maps. For some reason in multi window mode while following directions the blue arrow that shows your location, which is normally near the bottom of the window, is moved towards the center. You can't see as much of the upcoming roads. You can actually see the arrow move to the center from the bottom when you enable multi window mode.

Upvote 0
Still do not see the point in updating an already great device. I see zero good and a lot of potential for bad, not to mention a likely need to factory reset since I have a many apps (only a few GB were free). In order to avoid the update being pushed to my device, I added enough content to have only 1GB of storage free. Not enough space to push the update :)

Sad I have to result to this, but not a fan of starting from scratch, older app issues, less battery life and less storage space due to ART.

The only good thing would have been writing to the sd with third party apps, but apparently that is still not an option.

Upvote 0
So I uninstalled Google Fit and my battery eating CPU problem went away and the heart rate sensor only turns on now in S Health. Google Play says that Google Fit is incompatible with the Note 4... now I know why. Must have introduced a bug in Lollipop because it used to be compatible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I uninstalled Google Fit and my battery eating CPU problem went away and the heart rate sensor only turns on now in S Health. Google Play says that Google Fit is incompatible with the Note 4... now I know why. Must have introduced a bug in Lollipop because it used to be compatible.
I think I read somewhere where they are aware of the Fit bug in Lollipop and are working on a fix.
Good Luck!
Ron

Upvote 0
Anyone else having any issues with chrome now that you updated? I no longer can switch between tabs without going into the recent tabs. It showed how to get your tabs but was an on screen button and we obviously don't have on screen.
In Chrome settings you can change tabs back to the old way. I don't like the new way because your tabs only last until they scroll off the top of the recent apps list.

Upvote 0
If you want to retain better battery life you should reject the Lollipop update. My brother warned me about Lollipop as his G5 battery life is now not so good. I'm staying with 4.4.4.

I haven't found this to be the case. Don't forget Note 4 has a different processor & quad cores, much less a different and larger battery in comparison.

Upvote 0
The update is TRASH! Mine updated yesterday and I HATE it.

The lock screen annoys me a LOT! I had to decativate my weather and security from the notification page because it was on the lock screen. The Messages app is horrible now with bright orange. I hate the new notification stuff too that did away with the top preview and just "message" on the lock screen. Instead now it shows everything, nothing or some made up crap.

If its not broke why try to break it.... COME ON MAN

Reactions: Deelynde
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones