• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Verizon prl hack

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Ok, So I know this hack has been around forever. But I was wondering if maybe I was doing something wrong or if I need to downgrade my radios?

Back when I still had android 2.2 on my phone I first did the prl hack and used the 00001.prl, and it worked awesome! I had speeds of almost 2mbs down.

Well now that I have android 2.3 on my phone when I do the prl hack I only get around .10mb's down and the 3g signal comes and goes.

Do I need to downgrade my radios?, I've tried all of the other verizon prls and I get the same results.

Ok, So I know this hack has been around forever. But I was wondering if maybe I was doing something wrong or if I need to downgrade my radios?

Back when I still had android 2.2 on my phone I first did the prl hack and used the 00001.prl, and it worked awesome! I had speeds of almost 2mbs down.

Well now that I have android 2.3 on my phone when I do the prl hack I only get around .10mb's down and the 3g signal comes and goes.

Do I need to downgrade my radios?, I've tried all of the other verizon prls and I get the same results.

not sure why you are getting different results. it might be the radios. it really is hard to say for sure. it could be a verizon thing as well.

just a fyi, the most recent, (that i have found), verizon prl can be found HERE in post 4... not sure if you tried this one or not...

Ok, everywhere I look, I see the link for prl 00001 as "http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/add46/00001.prl" but that link takes you to "Northern Arizona University". I dont get it, that link is posted everywhere as the link for that prl. Anybody know what the real link is for this prl?

Ok, everywhere I look, I see the link for prl 00001 as "http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/add46/00001.prl" but that link takes you to "Northern Arizona University". I dont get it, that link is posted everywhere as the link for that prl. Anybody know what the real link is for this prl?

cool things about most forums is that you can click on the attachments links. so go here:EVO 4G Android Development - Page 4 - xda-developers find the technofile's thread (2nd thread listed) and look to the right for the paperclip icon. this will take you to this link:Attachments - xda-developers. and at the bottom there is a link for the 00001 prl.

Back