• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

So for the inverted gapps mod do you have to flash it right after the rom just like you would a regular gapps package? Or do you flash the inverted gapps mod only after you've flashed the regular provided gapps?

Also as I understand it after flashing inverted gapps you have to go back and flash gtalk2 and calendar2 separately?

Edit: what's that recommended file manager app for root users again?

TIA!!!

The only mod I've flashed for aokp#21 is my home made battery :D

For the inverted mods you wouldn't flash them during a gapps flash, but rather afterwards. There are a few flashing caveats per his instructions if you're not comfortable using a file explorer

I use root explorer, but estrongs file explorer is free and does the same thing.

I'd follow travp624's install instructions to a "T"

Good luck and let us see a SS when you're done!

Reactions: Namrak
Upvote 0

For the inverted mods you wouldn't flash them during a gapps flash, but rather afterwards. There are a few flashing caveats per his instructions if you're not comfortable using a file explorer

I use root explorer, but estrongs file explorer is free and does the same thing.

Root Explorer! Great alternative app but RE is an Android Legacy App that will not depreciate!

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

What's it look like jb? :D

Upvote 0
I think I'm gonna wait till v22. Anyone else?

*BabyBlues raises hand*
Although I'm feeling the need to flash something. Might have to try another color in this theme family.

Edit: decided to go ahead and try Negativity. I like it. Seems a little crisper on some things. Don't like the nav bar as much. His icons seems to be fuzzy, or bolded.
And something strange. When I booted up his battery says 60, the system one reads 72. Anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0
so this might be a dumb question but here it goes. What's the differences between the build 21, and the milestone 3 build?? They are both build 21? I have a GN and want to flash the correct one

Milestone builds are the most stable. (Not that we've seen problems on nightly builds) . They don't get updated as often so they're really good if you only flash once in a while.

Upvote 0
What's it look like jb? :D
I haven't tried the inverted gapps. Even though I'm a fan of the look, I limit my mod flashing so as not to bork anything and cause frustration and I'm also still honeymooning with ICS stock! Or did you mean my battery I made at the UOT kitchen? :D

5d065b7a.png

Thoughts on M3? Thinking about flashing this later today.
I can't find the changelog for it I feel soo stoopid! :p

*BabyBlues raises hand*
Although I'm feeling the need to flash something. Might have to try another color in this theme family.

Edit: decided to go ahead and try Negativity. I like it. Seems a little crisper on some things. Don't like the nav bar as much. His icons seems to be fuzzy, or bolded.
And something strange. When I booted up his battery says 60, the system one reads 72. Anyone have any ideas?
I've had that happen on a battery mod I did. Try turning phone off, pull battery, put back in, plug it in and charge it for a minute or more, then turn back on.

so this might be a dumb question but here it goes. What's the differences between the build 21, and the milestone 3 build?? They are both build 21? I have a GN and want to flash the correct one
I'm still trying to find the changelog for M3 :rolleyes: I know it's there somewhere!

/sigh Currently downloading Milestone 3 because I have a flashing problem.
LOL!

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Reactions: quiklives
Upvote 0
figured id ask this here. does anyone else have any problems with voice search? mine didn't work on 21 and i was hoping m3 would fix it but it didn't. i keep getting server error every time i try to use it. even the voice feature on the keyboard does the same thing. voice dialer works though.

I use it all the time. It's worked for me on every build/milestone I've flashed although I have not tried M3 yet.

Upvote 0
I use it all the time. It's worked for me on every build/milestone I've flashed although I have not tried M3 yet.

yea its weird i dont use it much but id like to know i can if i want to. i seen someone else has the same problem only on the razr maxx. maybe its a local server issue. im located in delaware. if someone here is close and can test theirs i would appreciate it.

Upvote 0
I've had that happen on a battery mod I did. Try turning phone off, pull battery, put back in, plug it in and charge it for a minute or more, then turn back on.

I posted on rootz and got a response pretty quick....the battery he used is the old kind that isn't a 1% change. So I figured I'd do more flashing and am now running negativity theme with jackstraw's blue round battery / nav bar icons with reflection / metal status bar
Flashed it right over and it worked like a charm.

I also asked about an inverted google + messenger app and the guys working on Negativity said if they get enough requests they will do it so if you like the idea I'd appreciate the help in requesting it. :D

Upvote 0
I posted on rootz and got a response pretty quick....the battery he used is the old kind that isn't a 1% change. So I figured I'd do more flashing and am now running negativity theme with jackstraw's blue round battery / nav bar icons with reflection / metal status bar
Flashed it right over and it worked like a charm.

I also asked about an inverted google + messenger app and the guys working on Negativity said if they get enough requests they will do it so if you like the idea I'd appreciate the help in requesting it. :D

Ahh it was the 10% incremental batt! Sure I'll help :) is it on the negativity theme thread at rootz?

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Just tried to use Google wallet and ran into a problem for the first time. No "secure element"message, just didn't send, kept retrying, seemed to get stuck. Pulled battery, force stopped, cleared cache, but now in class and can't retry until later.

Check here and see if it is a common bug. If you experience again, and you're pretty certain it is ROM related (not kernel or any mod you might have flashed) then post a new issue on AOKP's bug report site.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones