• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] [JB 4.2] XenonHD Stable-11.1 (7/3/13)

Okay, my Google Now has gone nuts again. Below is an example of something that works perfectly when I type it, then detects my voice perfectly, but behaves completely differently.

Screenshot_2012-10-09-19-40-10.png

Screenshot_2012-10-09-19-41-30.png

Cross-posted to previous Google Now thread.

Upvote 0
Hmmm I am running v9 right now and it's working great for the most part. v15 seems to have problems so does anyone have a link to v14?

I'm getting a lot of pop ups about my SIM card being removed and that my phone needs to restart. That and I'm getting a lot of random reboots when my phone sits idle. Anyone else getting these issues?

Upvote 0
Hmmm I am running v9 right now and it's working great for the most part. v15 seems to have problems so does anyone have a link to v14?

I'm getting a lot of pop ups about my SIM card being removed and that my phone needs to restart. That and I'm getting a lot of random reboots when my phone sits idle. Anyone else getting these issues?

This link has all of them at least back to v8: Index of ./roms/ Also, vXVI is out now... Sweet Sixteen. So far the reports are looking good, but there are some reports of troubles when using with one of the franco kernals, but leankernal seems to be working fine.

Upvote 0
hmm i tried that too. landscape lockscreen wouldn't even work either on v16. i'm so disappointed. this used to be my fav rom. i went back to jb sourcery 2.4, which is great, but is a battery hog....

v15 was the same thing, no landscape. i was hoping they'd fixed that

edit: i reflashed xenon, yep it's under accessibility. thought i'd checked that before lol. good call. xenon is muc better on battery than sourcery.

Upvote 0
Haven't gotten bored with it...it is just so dang stable and has everything that I want and I am more than happy with v12, think that's what I'm still running :) Just happened to check in and see there is a v16...wow! Keeps on going. Guess when I get some free time I will have to upgrade and try it. Thanks for all the great work that has gone into this ROM...best one out there, by far.

Upvote 0
Clean flashed v16 last night after a few weeks of running various stock 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 ROMs. It's good to have the mods backs, and they are 'aplenty in this one. I haven't been on Xenon since about v7, so it's good to be back.

The pros for me are the mods and battery life, the cons are that it's not quite as buttery as some of the stock JRO03R and JZO54K builds out there.

Upvote 0
On Xenon 16 still.

Here what I've experienced off a clean flash.

Lag. It really is much slower than other builds.
There's a bug in the back to kill function. If you hold back to kill of a home screen, it freezes the phone and cause it to reboot.
Lag, I know but it is really slow.

The battery life is fantastic. I mean amazing. I get 16 hours with moderate use and 10 hours with heavy use. Yesterday I used the crap out of my Nav plus phone use, plus browsing. All day and I still made of through the work day.

I don't know if the lag is because of down clocking, which in turn is causing the amazing battery life, but I can probably live with the lag for the great battery life.

I'm going to stay on 16 for a while or jump to AOKP milestone 1. I'm not crazy about xenon making their own kernel.

Reactions: NSutherl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones