• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] [JB 4.2] XenonHD Stable-11.1 (7/3/13)

I'm not quite sure I follow everything you're saying but here's some more info that might help clear some things up:

The folders you see in the screen shot above are located on the sdcard on your phone. If you were to look for that folder on using a file explorer on your phone, the location of the Alarms folder would be

/sdcard/Alarms

As far the wipe data issue goes, if you are using TWRP, the process when clean wiping and flashing is this:

from the main menu of TWRP, click "wipe"
in the wipe menu select cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, and system.
go back to the main menu, then click "install"
in the install menu, browse for the ROM file, select it and install
go back to the main menu, then click "install"
in the install menu, browse for the gapps file, select it and install
reboot system

You can also add zips to the queue and flash multiple files in the same go.

None of the wipes above clear data from you sdcard (internal storage). The factory reset erases all of the user data associated with the ROM.
ok. thank you so much for clearing that up for me. lol i was choosing wipe data my bad. i feel like a complete idiot sorry for the clogging up the thread with noob questions. i'm enjoying the rom and thanks for all the help.

Upvote 0
ok. thank you so much for clearing that up for me. lol i was choosing wipe data my bad. i feel like a complete idiot sorry for the clogging up the thread with noob questions. i'm enjoying the rom and thanks for all the help.

No worries. everybody is a noob at some point. Plus, it's better to ask first and not mess anything up than it is mess things up and then ask. :D

Reactions: scoobntaz1996
Upvote 0
I just installed the previous version. :/ Has anyone tried the custom boot animation yet? I'm not really having much luck with it. I'm getting a black screen after the Google logo. I can't even get the backup silver android text to show up. I have even tried changing boot animations the manual way, but I must be doing something wrong.

Upvote 0
I just installed this and i get infinte force close on the gapps and now i can't restore my back up because it says theres no file found when in recovery? anyone heard of this?

I thnk there are a few threads about how 4.2 changes the file structure of the sd card 0/sd card instead of /sd card. I had the same problem. Did you fix permissions after the reboot of the ROM install. I would boot into recovery, fix permissions then install gaaps. Are ytou sure your using a 4.22 gaaps?

I still cant figure out how to reinstall my nandroid if I had too, because it cant find it, even though its in the 0/legacy folder........

BTW...im on 4.2.1 and 4,2 11/30/2012 gaaps and not a problem other than the file structure thing, which I hope someone can come up with a fix for, besides actually wiping the sd card.

billd

Upvote 0
I still like the swipe keyboard better but I can't install it. Has anyone else been able to install it? I do have the option to back it up from tibu. I just wanted a fresh install.

Yeah, I much prefer Swype's word selection. Half the time with the stock, I have never even heard of the word it picks.

But yeah, I can't get Swype to install either.

Upvote 0
I just installed this and i get infinte force close on the gapps and now i can't restore my back up because it says theres no file found when in recovery? anyone heard of this?

You need to update your recovery. Your phone is missing the links to the new file strucutre, or the files weren't copied to the correct places. Without them, your apps don't know where to find your data.

Update CWM/TWRP and re-flash your rom.

Upvote 0
Been on this rom for a few days and also paired with lean. Seemed to be doing decent in terms of speed and battery but the log looked terrible. Getting absolutely hammered with one event after another having to do with fail to connect or similar. Tried a few other lean version and got the same result. Switched to 2.2 Tiny and it finally went away. I haven't been on a Tiny kernel since the original Inc lol. Too early to tell on battery life, hoping for the best.

Upvote 0
I can use the restored version of Swype just fine. I'm not on rc3 though. I can't get mms to work on 4G or on wifi. Anyone else having this issue?

Full circle a few days later, Swype has been working fine for me. Never could get the installer to work, but restoring from TiBu has been fine. Crashed about three times when I first used it, but has been fine ever since. :shrug:

Reactions: CopperWires
Upvote 0
Been on this rom for a few days and also paired with lean. Seemed to be doing decent in terms of speed and battery but the log looked terrible. Getting absolutely hammered with one event after another having to do with fail to connect or similar. Tried a few other lean version and got the same result. Switched to 2.2 Tiny and it finally went away. I haven't been on a Tiny kernel since the original Inc lol. Too early to tell on battery life, hoping for the best.

Where/how do I find the logs?

When I flash a kernel I just need to wipe cache and devlac cache, correct?

bored...rainy and cold in FL....gotta do something!!

thanks

billd

Upvote 0
Full circle a few days later, Swype has been working fine for me. Never could get the installer to work, but restoring from TiBu has been fine. Crashed about three times when I first used it, but has been fine ever since. :shrug:

Yeah its working fine for me after the TiBU.

For the first time since I have flashed a Jelly Bean ROM, I feel like I'm getting the battery life I had on ICS. I will be sticking with this version for a while. Everything that I use on a day to day basis works great. Its super fast as long as I am not running a live wallpaper and the short battery life I have been plagued with is no gone. For example, I would take the phone off the charger in the morning, listen to I heart radio for about 1.5 hours at work and battery would be around 35%. In the last 3 days, I have been at 50% at 5pm. I have to admit that I haven't been listening to I heart radio for more than an hour but it has been getting quite a bit of use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones