• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Sent me a Network Extender?

I emailed VZW about my service woes in my house. Their coverage map shows solid red in my entire area yet I am constantly in -105dbm at my house. They told me to do all the normal stuff (update roaming, soft reset, hard reset) of course that wont do anything. They made no mention of a network extender to me. No reason to have to pay for one of these things when their service is the problem.

I do not mean to belittle your problem, but their service is not guarenteed everywhere there is red. Just everywhere outside where there is red. Obviously it is not their problem if I live in a red area yet still choose to live under 50 feet of cement and steel in a bomb shelter.

That being said, try it outside in clear view of the sky (minimal clouds). That would be the minimum they should cover. Keep in mind red=able to make a call, not perfectly strong signal.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
I emailed VZW about my service woes in my house. Their coverage map shows solid red in my entire area yet I am constantly in -105dbm at my house. They told me to do all the normal stuff (update roaming, soft reset, hard reset) of course that wont do anything. They made no mention of a network extender to me. No reason to have to pay for one of these things when their service is the problem.

I agree that reseting the phone probably won't do anything (it's remotely possible that it might, but that is an incredible long shot). But definitely update the PRL, that MIGHT solve your problem, and really doesn't require any work. Just dial *228, press 2 and listen to Verizon's horrible on-hold music.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones