• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Wipe/format memory from phone - no adb?

I'm at work and would like to format the internal storage on my GN. I've read other threads that all talk about using adb to push a new rom after wiping...problem is, I don't have (can't have) adb on my work computer. Is there anyway to wipe and restore without the need for a pc? or at the most transfer a new rom from the pc without adb?

I'm at work and would like to format the internal storage on my GN. I've read other threads that all talk about using adb to push a new rom after wiping...problem is, I don't have (can't have) adb on my work computer. Is there anyway to wipe and restore without the need for a pc? or at the most transfer a new rom from the pc without adb?
I would wait until you are home. Reason being is that if you wipe internal storage you'll need a way to get flashable zips back on it to flash a new ROM in recovery. And you need adb to sideload zips.

Good luck and let us know if you need help with anything else!

jmar

Reactions: Flapjacks1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones